Closed Thread
Page 75 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree888 View Post
    Thanks ScubaGal I'll see how I feel tomorrow. If I'm feeling brave enough!

2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - July - cycle #2
    August - FET BFN
    Yay. I'll check in on you when I wake up at stupid o'clock

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh this thread moves fast.

@me+he&she=three yay for being PUPO, I was told we could not do gender selection in Oz but I guess you can have a quiet word to your doctor. I'd love to do gender selection as my husband really wants a boy. He grew up with sisters and all his cousins, nieces .. have all been girls. When we have a new member in the extended family it is always a girl and his first reaction is "I wanted a boy" I think when I have my baby (being positive here) and if it is a girl he will be over the moon but I know he just wants a soccer buddy.

Welcome @hawknest you are the lucky ones who have a take home baby first cycle and hope it is the same for you this time. I will always have to do IVF (no tubes now) and I see it as a positive thing, I hate the fact that I spend a lot of time and money that can be used for something else but on the flipside I am so grateful we have this available to us as an option.

@amiracle4me a big year for you - happy belated bday, congrats on the upcoming wedding and much much more xx

How are all my 2ww buddies? My BT is on Fri and I am still calm about everything, this forum does help! if I did not write that date in my diary I'd forget to go for BT. What is wrong with me?!? Tell you who is not calm. My husband. He is so anxious, I am really surprised. @Ladydee I think the way I am with my 2ww is consistent with my overall personality in that I am not very high strung and can handle high pressure situations. I have my moments but they pass quickly. Only thing that ever stresses me out is my mother in law and that is mainly because she has a nervous energy and is a drama queen. Do something to keep busy, I have been reading a good book and been cooking a lot. Watch a movie, get into a TV series. I recommend Breaking Bad

3. The Following User Says Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

Topdeck  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ScubaGal you are too cute. Do you think I'm odd as I have zero desire to POAS? if you knew me IRL I bet you would be able to persuade me to do it as I am very impressionable. I am guessing you were a chronic HPTer? I was on youtube the other day looking for something about IVF, maybe how to mix Prenyl or something but I saw some vloggers do live POAS testing and post it! OMG! I was mortified. I didn't click on any of the videos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry in advance I can't seem to fit all my messages into one post. I go cross eyes when I read it anyway so I reply in digestible chunks.

@babygirl7 Sorry to hear you are in pain, straight after the drugs have not worn off so you get lulled into thinking it was not so bad then it hits you. Hope you have a speedy recovery and some good news today with fertilisation xx
    @Ree888 I really hope this little embie is in for the long haul. Did you talk to your nurse about the spotting? I was told to double up on my progesterone and that seemed to do the trick. From your signature we have a similar endo issues, I was only diagnosed in Feb/March this year and got stuck into IVF. Had 2 lap surgeries this year and doctor is talking about the big 3/4 hour one. Yikes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    @ScubaGal you are too cute. Do you think I'm odd as I have zero desire to POAS? if you knew me IRL I bet you would be able to persuade me to do it as I am very impressionable. I am guessing you were a chronic HPTer? I was on youtube the other day looking for something about IVF, maybe how to mix Prenyl or something but I saw some vloggers do live POAS testing and post it! OMG! I was mortified. I didn't click on any of the videos.
    Yikes. Youtube is taking it a bit far! I bet they're fakes though. As in POAS first, know the result then do it again for the camera....

I think POAS is dicey business. On the one hand you'll maybe do it too early and be heartbroken unnecessarily or on the other if you get a BFP its a whole new world of anxiety - and it makes the waiting till the BT take even longer. Don't get me wrong - if you can hold out till official BT day then I think that's better but I just cave early.

The real issue with POAS is that because the tests are so sensitive you are far more likely to pick up a chemical pregnancy and get really excited about it and then you've been attached to it for much longer by he time you find out it's not going to last. Whereas if you waited till BT then you'd get the news in one go ie. yes there's a HCG level but not enough... I think that might be easier to take.

Then again my first cycle I bonded with the whole process so much I was talking to my ovaries so maybe there's no way of avoiding the grief that comes with any type of loss.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (07-10-2014),straycat  (07-10-2014),Topdeck  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=straycat;7957069]Gosh this thread moves fast.

@me+he&she=three yay for being PUPO, I was told we could not do gender selection in Oz but I guess you can have a quiet word to your doctor. I'd love to do gender selection as my husband really wants a boy. He grew up with sisters and all his cousins, nieces .. have all been girls. When we have a new member in the extended family it is always a girl and his first reaction is "I wanted a boy" I think when I have my baby (being positive here) and if it is a girl he will be over the moon but I know he just wants a soccer buddy.

You can't do gender selection but you can find out what gender it is after tranfer we didn't care what it was as we just want a healthy happy Bub but I am a sticky beak!

All the best for your upcoming BT

10. The Following User Says Thank You to me+he&she=three For This Useful Post:

straycat  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    @me+he&she=three Sorry to jump in with a personal question, but how did you find out about the chromosomal issues? My FS talked me out of PGS today, and I'm considering pushing it with her. We have no indicators but I'd like it for piece of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
    My DD was delayed about 6 months in her speech and they ran a whole series of blood tests and found she carried a chromosome duplication. They tested hubs and I and found I carry it too. They've since said they don't believe the chromosome to be the cause but we'd already gone down that path and given 50% at least of all embryos are abnormal we figured it can't be a bad thing to do the PGD to save on failed transfers and the heartache associated with that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @straycat I too have no desire to poss. Got bfn with my iuis and didn't even try to poas with the ivf and that's the one that worked. I think it is cos you can't trust the peesticks, never actually know what it could mean, false positives and false negatives....

AFM I don't think I'm the only one with a bub already ? Wondering if anyone is breastfeeding and trying to cycle or has done in the past? My DS is 9mths and still bf ALOT during the day....don't want to have to stop that..but time and age beat us up a bit

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hawknest For This Useful Post:

straycat  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati sorry to hear you feel down right now. Have you heard from the nurse? You still have a good size one there. How many more days of stims are you on? You could still have time to get a few goodies?!

TTC #1 since sept 2011
    Clomid x9 M/C Aug 2013
    IUI#1 - BFN
    PCOS + Endo
    CIN3 cells x3 ops removed
    Me - 25 DH - 34
    First IVF Oct 14
    DH has no issues

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Gelati is this your 1st scan hun? Don't stress too much, your follies are actually sounding good to me! It took me 3 scans before I had any follies over 17mm!
    And Monash will go ahead with EPU if you have a minimum of 3 follies at 17mm+, so you're not far off hunny 😊 xx