Closed Thread
Page 54 of 186 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelati View Post
    Ladies i have a question for you all - starting my orgalutran shot tomorrow and in the pamphlet it says that you should draw back slightly after injection to see if there is any blood? How far back do you withdraw? Sounds kinda fiddly to me!

I'm getting a bit anxious about this one actually as the forums say it can be quite painful / sting-y. Definitely going to ice the area good! Jab #4 went well tonight but i'm not sure if it's the hormones or just the needle phobia, but i'm starting to feel drained already and not sure i can face up to another jab tomorrow morning and then two from today onwards. I really need to psych myself up again...feel like i've lost a bit of fight / steam in me. Every time i psych myself into having a needle i feel exhausted afterwards. It's not even the pain...it's just the mental energy required. *sigh* i wish i could be strong like all you ladies
    Really? that does sound fiddly. I just jab it in like normal. If you have a needle phobia I wouldn't bother with drawing back. eurgh! Check with the nurses if you're unsure but I'd keep it as simple and quick as possible.
    You ARE being really strong @Gelati ! Gee wiz, I can't imagine having to go through this with the added stress of needle phobia too you poor thing You are doing really well and I hope it gets easier for you.

Spot the person with insomnia today

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Gelati  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I didn't draw back on it either. It was far too scary to think about haha I think if you are jabbing gonalF ok, then you will probably do ORG ok

Ps...the needle isn't even half as bad as what I read. I was reading up about it last night as I was also scared about injecting it this morning. It really helped. A lady had wrote that there is a sharper point on one side of the needle and to stink that bit in on the 45 degree angle. Totally just slipped in and it's easy to see which side is sharper! I iced the area just in case but don't think I needed it. It stung for about a minute after but nothing unbearable. I hope it is the same for you!! GL!!!

Thanks @MrsChino I hope so too!!

Yay @RahRah11!! How did you go with the ORG shot? what is the third needle you are on? Poor thing!

TTC #1 since sept 2011
    Clomid x9 M/C Aug 2013
    IUI#1 - BFN
    PCOS + Endo
    CIN3 cells x3 ops removed
    Me - 25 DH - 34
    First IVF Oct 14
    DH has no issues

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ89 For This Useful Post:

Gelati  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Gelati thanks hun you're very sweet. Just wish it would happen already. But, don't we all hey.

Same as others have posted - never heard of drawing back. That pamphlet is making it sound more complicated than it is! Just ice it well hun & use a lil more force to jab (blunter needle compared to Gonal F). Good luck with it 😊 xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

Gelati  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley good luck with your first POAS today hun 😊 xx

@Rarah11 ah jabbing while out; always a covert operation! 😄 The secret lives we live hey! Hope it won't be too fiddly for you hun xx

@Emerald26 best of luck for transfer today hun 😘 Hope your lucky last snowbaby will be that magical gem xxx

@amiracle4me how are you feeling hun? Better I hope. Good riddance to that cold & nasty food poisoning! Hope you're back to good health soon 😘 xx
    Last edited by KayzB; 04-10-2014 at 06:38.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

Emerald26  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    @Ree888 I had implantation spotting 1dp5dt so I don't think 2dp5dt is too early for your spotting to be implantation. Good luck.
    @Bongley are you POAS this morning? Fingers crossed for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB & jeb8303 so sorry you are both having such a horrible time. Hope they can work out a new and more successful protocol for next time.
    @Gelati same as everyone else I just iced really well and stuck it in and pulled it out your doing really well I couldn't imagine going through this with a needle phobia.

Good luck for transfer today @Ladydee & Emerald26

AFM waiting to hear if my embies are hatching today if so can send them off to do pgd if not have to wait till tomorrow. Now I'm getting nervous that they won't be ready or if they are they'll all come back with cf. So much waiting in this game way to much time for my brain to play out all the bad scenarios.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissBell For This Useful Post:

Emerald26  (04-10-2014),Gelati  (04-10-2014),KayzB  (04-10-2014),Ladydee  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    @KayzB sorry to hear about the bfn. Hopefully you get better luck from the FET - I believe there's some evidence to suggest that the chances are a bit better with a frostie because when they survive the thaw it's like passing a little extra test, plus your body isn't so knocked around by the hormones from the stim.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissBell View Post
    @KayzB & jeb8303 so sorry you are both having such a horrible time. Hope they can work out a new and more successful protocol for next time.

AFM waiting to hear if my embies are hatching today if so can send them off to do pgd if not have to wait till tomorrow. Now I'm getting nervous that they won't be ready or if they are they'll all come back with cf. So much waiting in this game way to much time for my brain to play out all the bad scenarios.
    @MissBell thanks hun, and best of luck for some good news today. It's forever filled with waiting & what-if's! Hoping some great hatching embies are headed your way xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ScubaGal thanks hun 😘 I hope that does ring true for me. My only BFP, tho short-lived, was from a FET. But have also lost an emby to thawing, so for that reason FET also stresses me out. Mines always HRT FET so unfortunately will still be on all the drugs. But hopefully it leads to a better end result this time.
    Hope your pregnancy is going well hun 😊 xx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MissBell best of luck today and tomorrow I know the waiting is so damned hard. (4 months between cycles nearly killed me)
    @Emerald & @Ladydee hope those embryos are all ready and keen to get burrowing in, let us know how you get on today

thanks @KayzB & @ScubaGal nothing today but a faint evap, too soon I know! I know! Will try again tomorrow at 5dp5dt (10DPO) I'll keep going until my period arrives (wed) Er, I mean IF it arrives.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Emerald26  (04-10-2014),Gelati  (04-10-2014),Ladydee  (04-10-2014)