Closed Thread
Page 26 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by knemorin View Post
    Hi everyone,

I just had a random question I was hoping to get some feedback on...
    When we met with our nurse she told us that after I start the injections, we need to use protection when having sex (condoms)
    I'm just asking because I don't remember having to do this for my last cycle (4 years ago now) and because my husband hates condoms lol
    Anyway just thought I would see if it's a well known thing...

Thanks in advance
    My clinic has the same policy. It's because if you're stimming there's a chance that if you DTD you could fertilise multiple eggs and end up an octomum.

Seriously though, multiples have risks so by asking you to use contraception they are trying to give your one precious transfer embie it's best chance. That said my DH and I broke the rules on our most recent FET since our chance of natural conception is so microscopic. There were a couple of weeks when my HCG looked really high and I started to get worried about multiples but it turned out ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post

Got my call and I have 3 embryos. Normally about 8 or 9 at this point so feeling very pessimistic as they all tend to die off between now and day 5. Sunday (day 3) should give me a better idea of quality. Feeling like the odds are slipping rapidly away on this cycle.
    I really hope your little three hang in there and divide divide divide.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MissBell For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for EPU Monday @MissBell … the shorter the cycle feels the better I say!

Hi @akakura nice to have you with us

@knemorin my clinic requires us to use condoms from cd1 – I think it’s not only to prevent infection and multiple pregnancies but also to track the success of an ivf cycle (as they couldn’t be sure it was ivf that made you pregnant if you were having unprotected sex)

@Bongley hopefully it’s a matter of quality over quantity and all make it through to day 5

5. The Following User Says Thank You to loulabubble For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    2 early b grade blasts safely on board with Mumma - they are fragmented and looked like aero bubble chocolate cos of the fragmenting but each has a 10-15% chance of implanting

Officially in the TWW

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Good luck @jeb8303! Hope these are your sticky ones! All the best for the TWW, hope it goes fast. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @jeb8303 sending sticky vibes

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley - 3 out of 5 is pretty good! 60% feet rate - mine is usually only 40% at best and am only left with 15-20% that are good enough or make it to transfer. Try not to be too down - I know that's easier said than done but stay strong xx
    @jeb8303 - yay! I have my fingers crossed for you! Treat yourself well

2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - July - cycle #2
    August - FET BFN

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jeb8303 best of luck for your BFP x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to the ladies who responded to my exercise questions x

@KayzB how you doing hun? Hope the tww is treating you well?

@jeb8303 yay for being PUPO hun, baby dust to you x

@Gelati you'll soon have your meds and jabbing in no time x

@SJ89 I'm on the nasal spray hun; here is a bit of info:
    Down Regulation with Synarel®
    Synarel® is used in the pre-treatment cycle to switch of the pituitary gland’s control of ovulation. This enables the developing follicles to be synchronised under the influence of the follicle stimulation hormone injections.

Synarel® is a nasal spray and is used morning and night. It is continued until the time of your oocyte retrieval. The stimulation phase of the treatment cycle can begin after your period commences and you have ‘baseline’ hormone levels. The time from commencement of treatment to pregnancy test is approximately 6 weeks.

@BecRedrose how did BT go hun?

@Ree888 fingers crossed your lil snow baby thaws nicely hun and hope all goes well for your lipoidol flush on Monday

@Hope Is Fading welcome and hope AF arrives soon and you be cycling in no time. Good luck for your cycle

@Annerly thanks for your support hun, I sure love a success story to keep me going x

@MissBell good luck for Monday EPU

@akakura welcome hun and good luck for your lucky last FET

@Bongley fingers crossed for good news tomorrow hun and I hope you have 3 strong embies still growing

AFM: jabbing going well, only got 1 bruise out of the 4 so far. Just ate a whole lot of footy snacks and now my tummy feels super bloated. Having a nice relaxing day on the couch and watching footy grand final in this lovely raining Perth weather. 1st scan on Wednesday yay

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend xo

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babygirl7 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (05-10-2014),Bongley  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay good luck @jeb8303