Closed Thread
Page 20 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yes i am really quite excited to have someone to go day by day with. I'm so glad to hear the Gonal F isn't too bad (assuming that's what i'm on). How come you need to inject something else? i thought to prevent ovulation you get a nasal spray. If they tell me i have to inject 2 needles a day that may just be the end of me. The problem is having to do the needles by yourself. If a nurse did them i'd be much more relaxed!

my periods average 32 days but i can be anywhere between +/- 1-4 days off each month. Not sure if that's considered regular?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ89 View Post
    My heart feels heavy for you ladies having trouble with your eggies. I really hope that you have a turn around of luck soon. I can understand that you probably feel a little broken right now but please vent it out here!! We are here to be your shoulder ������

My friend recently went thru an IVF transfer and they new her egg was only 3cell the day before the transfer but they charged her and did it anyway. As part of the whole disappointment of the situation, it broke her even more holding out some hope that it "may" work - doctors words! I recommended she change clinics. I thought that was disgusting! Any of you had that happen? I thought for sure they couldn't do that.

Thanks for all your tips! I will have the ice pack ready for sure xx

TTC #1 since sept 2011
    Clomid x9 M/C Aug 2013
    IUI#1 - BFN
    PCOS + Endo
    CIN3 cells x3 ops removed
    Me - 25 DH - 34
    First IVF Oct 14
    DH has no issues
    @SJ89 What day was the embryo 3 cell? Was it 3 cell the day before a 3 day transfer? (day 2) Or before a 5 day transfer?(day 4)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'm also going to ask about when exactly you need to start the injections because my period also cannot be pinned to the exact day. I also want to know what constitutes as day 1....like if i start spotting before i go to bed, is that day 1?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's pretty regular to me haha mine can be day, weeks or months different each time. It's a nightmare. Since coming off the pill a few months ago it's been pretty good tho I have to say. Weird!!

Actually, I only heard about the nasal spray for the first time today on this forum. I was like what the heck haha all the girls I know on IVF did the two injections. I asked them today, I was wondering if I was the odd one out. Prob just a clinic thing again.

If you only do the pen (FSH) - both brands are the same pen thing I believe.- you will be ok I promise. You don't even feel the needle it's so thin! I'm so curious about the spray!

TTC #1 since sept 2011
    Clomid x9 M/C Aug 2013
    IUI#1 - BFN
    PCOS + Endo
    Me - 25 DH - 34
    First IVF Oct 14
    DH has no issues

Thanks
    Reviews
    5 day @Bongley 😔

TTC #1 since sept 2011
    Clomid x9 M/C Aug 2013
    IUI#1 - BFN
    PCOS + Endo
    Me - 25 DH - 34
    First IVF Oct 14
    DH has no issues

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelati View Post
    i'm also going to ask about when exactly you need to start the injections because my period also cannot be pinned to the exact day. I also want to know what constitutes as day 1....like if i start spotting before i go to bed, is that day 1?
    They usually say if it's real bleeding before 1pm in the afternoon it's day one. But if it's later than that than the next day is day one but I could be corrected?! Worth asking what your clinic counts it as I think!

TTC #1 since sept 2011
    Clomid x9 M/C Aug 2013
    IUI#1 - BFN
    PCOS + Endo
    Me - 25 DH - 34
    First IVF Oct 14
    DH has no issues

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh i see. Well that's great that the BCP has helped and yes they all tell us IVF works so here's hoping!

Mmm that's really interesting you say that the girls you spoke to had 2 injections yet everyone i've spoken to has had the spray. let me ask my nurse on monday and i'll let you know what she says. Although it's probably my FS who will have a better answer. But he's on holidays for 2 weeks and his dedicated nurse is gone for 3 weeks! can you believe it? what are the chances! i hope the fill in nurse is good. My FS told me to go ahead while he's away because he'll be back before i know it. He didn't want me to wait just for him.

I just had a hysteroscopy/polypectomy on Tue so it'll be interesting to see what AF is like this time around. I'm still spotting a bit from the procedure (sorry TMI!) so hopefully when AF arrives i'll be able to pick it. But i'll ask the nurse about this as well as confirm the Day 1 thing. Though what you've said does make sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati & @SJ89 yep every clinic seems to differ about what's classified as CD1. With my old clinic it was CD1 if you had full flow by 11am, but my current clinic is full flow by 6pm. So bit of a difference, so def worth clarifying with your FN 😊 xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

Gelati  (25-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so i just read a bit about the spray vs injections and it's something to do with down regulation cycle vs antagonist cycle. Very confusing and each clinic/FS think differently. I'm starting to think i must be on injections too because if you are on the spray you need to start spraying 2 weeks prior to FSH injections. Apparently the side effects of the spray is horrible tho? So i could very well be on 2 injections......but apparently the second injection is only for 3-4 days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SJ89 and @Gelati

Hopefully I can help unravel the mystery! There are two kinds of cycles. A long down regulation and a short antagonist.

With a long down one you sniff the spray for about two weeks before AF comes and then start injections. It's meant to induce a sort of menopause pre-injections so that they can build you back up again with the injections and get a more controlled result.
    The short antagonist cycle means you start injections on CD2 and then the second injection a few days later. A short cycle is often used for PCOS sufferers as its less risk of over stimulation due to being shorter.

Hope that helps!

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 38 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    Clomid #1- 50mg 11/11/13 - No ovulation 😔
    Clomid #2- 100mg 26/12/13 - Ovulated yay!! - BFN
    TTC Break over
    Nurses appt 27th June
    ICSI #1 July '14 - 18 Frosties - OHSS risk so Oct FET Transfer
    Last edited by amiracle4me; 25-09-2014 at 21:43.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

Gelati  (25-09-2014)