PCOS + Endo
    CIN3 cells x3 ops removed
    Me - 25 DH - 34
    First IVF Oct 14
    DH has no issues

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @SJ89 I was on 100Gonal - wow, 450! I don't know about that lol.

The EPU will be fine Hun. It's easy to build it up to this huge thing. I was totally petrified but it was all OK in the end. I had a canular in my hand where they gave me intravenous sedation. It was like being drunk but in a good way. I don't really remember much about it tbh and once I got home I went to sleep for a few hours!

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 38 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    Clomid #1- 50mg 11/11/13 - No ovulation 😔
    Clomid #2- 100mg 26/12/13 - Ovulated yay!! - BFN
    TTC Break over
    Nurses appt 27th June
    ICSI #1 July '14 - 18 Frosties - OHSS risk so Oct FET Transfer

Thanks
    Reviews
    @miracle you make me laugh 😂😂
    That final drunk feeling before we say goodbye to alcohol haha well, I haven't had a drink for a couple of months now!

Good to know! Thanks so much. Just need to take it as it comes. Everyone seems to react so differently. I am pretty excited to know how many follies I produce tho as I had a scan where I had no drugs and I have an incredible number. They need to be goodies tho ☺️

TTC #1 since sept 2011
    Clomid x9 M/C Aug 2013
    IUI#1 - BFN
    PCOS + Endo
    Me - 25 DH - 34
    First IVF Oct 14
    DH has no issues

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SJ89 oh gosh when I miscarried my FS said that to me "at least we know you can fall pregnant" - which is true & she meant well - but at the time I wanted to punch her in the face 😐 xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emily3011 like others have mentioned, the only time you'll really need time off is for EPU hun. Assuming you can fit in your other appts & BT's before, after or in between work etc.

I completely understand the stress factor tho hun: the scan before my trigger fell on a day where I had a major event happening at work. Something that I was coordinating & a major deliverable of mine. Appt was at the most inconvenient time so I came in to work early, raced to appt, then had to make a mad dash back to work in time for event. I was so stressed & I missed the beginning of the event, but luckily my director was there to cover for me. Spent the whole day flustered after that.

When I miscarried it was also during another hectic time, but I didn't want to call in sick & def didn't want to tell them the truth. So I just pretended I had an ill family member and took the week off as carer's.
    Could you maybe do something like that hun?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SJ89 my previous cycles were on Gonal F 300iu hun, but this cycle I was on 225iu Puregon instead, then decreased to 150iu as Estrogen was too high xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati welcome hun! Here's hoping your IVF journey is short & sweet 😊 xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ89 View Post
    What so the antibodies do ladies?

TTC #1 since sept 2011
    Clomid x9 M/C Aug 2013
    IUI#1 - BFN
    PCOS + Endo
    Me - 25 DH - 34
    First IVF Oct 14
    DH has no issues
    Antibodies are a standard thing that your DH is tested for as part of a routine SA.

They happen when some kind of injury happens to the testes and a tiny amount of blood interacts with sperm.

Normally sperm is kept completely isolated from the rest of the body but if a microscopic amount of blood gets in contact with the sperm either through injury (a small kick to the nads or catching a footy wrong will do it) or commonly through vasectomy, the blood recognises sperm as a foreign invader and produces antibodies to it, much like when you get a virus or a vaccine.

The antibodies make the sperm all clumpy and unable to swim or penetrate the egg which makes natural conception hard.

Generally it's thought that less than 40% coverage of antibodies means that conception is still possible but might take longer but at our level of 97% it just ain't gonna happen.

The good news is that ICSI washes the antibodies off and gets them in the egg, negating the effect of the antibodies.

So the morale of the story is - teach your husbands and sons to protect their manhood.

My DH has no idea when the injury might have happened so it can seem like a small thing to knee a guy in the balls but with major consequences.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

bruyu  (24-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ScubaGal hi hun you've prob posted about this already but think I missed it - how was your scan?? xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KayzB View Post
    @ScubaGal hi hun you've prob posted about this already but think I missed it - how was your scan?? xx
    Saw the heart beating away at 120bpm, development right on target

....doesn't mean I'm not still freaking out about fluctuating symptoms every five seconds but it's a very good sign

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (25-09-2014),bruyu  (24-09-2014)