Closed Thread
Page 10 of 186 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I have a question in line with SJ89's. Do any if you recommend taking time off work during period of thine you're having the injections/just before egg pick up in addition to those two days? I have a friend who highly recommended it but now I'm stressing because the week of egg pickup is the worst timing for me in terms of work, I'm already going to miss an important conference interstate which I haven't yet told my boss about.. I should have waited another month to get started but I really didn't want to!

So I'm just wondering if anyone found the hormones really affected them and their emotions and how they went with work during this time, or if anyone took work off and recommends this?

Thanks ladies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @emily3011

I did all my bloods and ultrasounds before work and then was only about half an hour late on those days. You wouldn't need a day off for those.

I took day of EPU off and the next day and that was more than enough. It would be really hard to go into work the day of EPU as the drugs make you dozy. You could probably go in the next day at a push. Then of course transfer.

So in short, total full days off = 3

I cleared my work calendar as much as I could for the month just in case but it was fine. The Gonal-F just made me feel super precious and girly if that makes sense?? I really wanted to be with DF all the time. I was waiting for super killer angry monster to come but that didn't until after EPU and all the female hormones had stopped!

Hope that helps

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 38 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    Clomid #1- 50mg 11/11/13 - No ovulation 😔
    Clomid #2- 100mg 26/12/13 - Ovulated yay!! - BFN
    TTC Break over
    Nurses appt 27th June
    ICSI #1 July '14 - 18 Frosties - OHSS risk so Oct FET Transfer
    Last edited by amiracle4me; 24-09-2014 at 10:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @SJ89 and @Emily2011 I worked full-time all the way through my last cycle, and just had the one day off for EPU. All my scans/BTs and my embryo transfer were early in the morning so I just did a normal work day afterwards. Working had pros and cons to be honest. On one hand, I found it a bit hard to deal with deadlines, work stress etc, especially as I continued working while I was losing the pregnancy. You know, taking phone calls during meetings about my falling hcg levels, bleeding the whole time and trying to hide my puffy eyes from colleagues. It was truly awful. On the other hand, who knows – maybe it would have been even worse being at home alone with no distractions? Will I take the same approach this time? Hmm.. I’m going to play it by ear, but I think at the minimum I will take 2 days off for EPU as last time I got really sore at work the next day. I didn’t find it hard to work while stimming to be honest so that’s no drama, and going straight to work after embryo transfer was fine too. It was more after EPU that I could have used a bit more rest

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I would really love to join this thread as I will be having my first round of IVF in October. Have my first meeting with my nurse next Monday so a little apprehensive. I just had a polypectomy / hysteroscopy yesterday which went well i think. Not too much pain or discomfort.

A bit about myself, i'm 32, DH 31 and we have MFI (antibodies). I have PCO but not PCOS (13 follicles on one ovary and 14 on another making me borderline PCO and more at risk of OHSS - so dr has given me a low dose to start with).

Would love to go through this journey with all you lovely ladies! Goodluck to everybody!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @MrsChino @Amiracle @emily3011 & @apolly good info from you all!
    I did IUI with FSH previously and handled the drugs well (mind due they were on a dose of 50) but was worried about the collection. My last job was cool with all I was going thru which was a help but this time around I am with a new company and don't want to risk them finding out as I don't know how they will react when I'm still within a 6 month probationary period 😐

What kind of dose did you do with your IVF cycles? I think I am starting on 100. Hoping that won't affect me as it doesn't seem too high. My SIL is on 450!! She said it makes her crazy.

I was only going to take the day off for collection...do you ladies recommend the second day? Did you all go completely under for collection? I don't think I am. I am worried it will be really unpleasant. BUT won't think too much about it

TTC #1 since sept 2011
    Clomid x9 M/C Aug 2013
    IUI#1 - BFN
    PCOS + Endo
    CIN3 cells x3 ops removed
    Me - 25 DH - 34
    First IVF Oct 14
    DH has no issues

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Gelati
    Goodluck and welcome!!
    Can I ask what dose you have been given? How are you feeling so far? Do you have all your dates?

TTC #1 since sept 2011
    Clomid x9 M/C Aug 2013
    IUI#1 - BFN
    PCOS + Endo
    CIN3 cells x3 ops removed
    Me - 25 DH - 34
    First IVF Oct 14
    DH has no issues

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Gelati you must be super excited to finally be on the wagon!

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 38 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    Clomid #1- 50mg 11/11/13 - No ovulation 😔
    Clomid #2- 100mg 26/12/13 - Ovulated yay!! - BFN
    TTC Break over
    Nurses appt 27th June
    ICSI #1 July '14 - 18 Frosties - OHSS risk so Oct FET Transfer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @emily3011 I take a day off for EPU (thats all I need) and just a half day for the ET. This is my 4th cycle in a year so it all adds up and I really can't take too many more sick days (on top of bronchitis, tonsilitis, several bouts of gastro and a broken arm! Boy, I'll be glad to say goodbye to 2014........)

The hardest day for me is when I POAS or the blood test day if I get that far. Then I really wish I didn't have to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    @SJ89 take the day after EPU off as well. You'll either want it or deserve it (or both).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (24-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    @Gelati my DH has antibodies as well, 97%. What's your DH's level? The great thing about antibodies is that it doesn't affect your success, ICSI pretty much overcomes it by washing the antibodies off.