+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do you stay home during renovations?

If I have a tradie coming, I schedule it for when I'll be home. However we're getting our ensuite renovated soon which will take at least a week. Just wondering if others stay home during extended renos? I trust the guy but he's effectively a stranger so I just want to know what others do. Hubby and I could take turns at working from home that week if necessary, but we both prefer to go to the office.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have almost finished extensive renos (6 weeks so far) and moved out for the process. We fully trust our builder but I just dropped by the house most days to see how things were going and DH checked it was all secure most nights.

Working from home might be a real struggle with noise and dust, I certainly couldn't do it.

In your case I would head to work each day and leave them to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope. If necessary we leave keys hidden for them so they can let themselves in. I'm pretty trusting, but we do hide any irreplaceable valuables just in case. There's no way I'd want to hang around home for a week with the noise and dust etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, we recently had our laundry/toilet/shower room ripped out and re-done. It ended up taking a few weeks- I was home most days in the first week as there were sooooo many little questions that arose and I was able to make decisions at the time it was needed. We moved out for 2 days in the 'demolition phase' as old aspestos roof and walls were ripped out, and the mess was huge!. As the job progressed, I wasn't at home as much, gave our builder a garage clicker (he set up tools etc in the garage and he came and went as he pleased. No security concerns. Hope it goes well for you, a new ensuite sounds great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks everyone :-)