+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    So sorry to hear. I sent you a PM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    so very sorry to hear your news - I'm only a newbie to bub hub, we have a almost 5 yr old gorgeous girl - who was the result of 4 full IVF's, selling 2 houses, re-financing 3 times, pulling $30,000 from hubbies super - and in the end on our final 4th attempt my mum lent us the $7,500 (cheap for 2009) and we fell pregnant with twins, sadly lost one just before the 12 wk scan ...

i almost gave up after IVF #3, only for mum we wouldn't have our beautiful girl .... we are now ready for #2 but don't have the $3,500 to do a FET ..

don't give up sweet heart, it's a hard bloody road, and hubby and i have been there (as has everyone else in here), our roads and journeys are different - can quick or long - but you must never give up .......

sending you hugs ...............

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SupremeMugwump View Post
    Got the results back - bad news. Sat at my desk at work crying and then decided to go home. I don't know how people do this for years I can't handle three cycles. And the worst part is you can't really discuss it with people. Now I have to make the decision - $5000 on ivf or $2300 on iui. It's a gamble. Sorry for whinging.
    Sorry to hear that. If it was me I'd go straight to ivf because you'll be so much more informed, you'll get a report on egg quality, you'll know how many fertilise, you'll know how many get to day three and day five and when they put it in you'll know it's a nice strong day five blasty. For my money I'd rather go straight to the big guns rather than potentially pay for another IUI where you don't know if they've fertilised yet. I am biased though, IUI was never an option for DH and I so I didn't have t make the choice but it does seem like there's a fair few women in the ivf camp who had multiple IUI tries with no success.

What does your FS recommend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pkgjmg thanks for sharing your story with us. It's amazing what some couples go through for their bundle of joy.
    @SupremeMugwump - this is an emotional journey. Keep your chin up and be strong - as one day you will have your little miracle and when that day arrives, you will be ever so more grateful and appreciative (even when changing endless diapers!! ).