+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone had an ovarian ectopic?

U/s today found a mass seperate from the corpus luteum growing on my left ovary. Due to slow rising hcg and no sac in uterus they are suspecting it might be an ovarian ectopic. I know they are very rare but I would love to hear from someone about how theirs was treated and at what gestation etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just bumping for you, I hope somebody can help. So sorry to hear

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Purple Lily, I guess they are as rare as I was told....can't seem to find many experiences of what happened with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope your ok. I did a quick google and found this thread might help big hugs!
    http://www.babycenter.com/400_after-...2397588_902.bc

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had a normal ectopic and one that implanted on the outside of the uterus, so not an ovarian one but my second (outside of the uterus) one was really rare and stumped the doctors a bit. But, good news (if there was any) that the recovery seemed to be pretty much the same as a normal ectopic.

As far as treatment, if they opt for methotrexate it's a 3-6 month wait before you can TTC, (depending on your doctor) as the medication can cause serious harm to an unborn baby. Surgery normally you can try next month.

In my experience they will push for methotrexate. Which, when it works well is great (but with horrible side effects). But when it doesn't work it's serious. I had two doses with my first and neither worked and mine ruptured. So if they do it, ensure they're keeping a very close eye on it via HCG levels and ultrasound. My doctors were horrible and didn't care when I said something was wrong.

So sorry you're going through this xx if you need to chat please PM me x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks anjalee and mummy12.
    Dr has sent me to the hospital so I'm waiting now. With that methotrexate shot, am I able to refuse it and opt for surgery instead, does anyone know? I think my mental health will suffer a lot if I can't TTC for 6 months, plus I just had endometriosis removed and was told to get pregnant quickly to avoid it growing back....

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear this is happening to you. I had an abdominal ectopic in May and it's very distressing.

In terms of treatment they initially diagnosed mine as ovarian and I went to theatre that night. They removed a huge cyst however a week later with levels still rising they located it in my abdominal cavity. I then had 2 shots of methotrexate and it took 9 weeks for hcg to 0. I was advised to wait 3 months from last shot before trying again. i couldn't have surgery again due to the risk of rupture and the baby measured 6.5weeks with a heartbeat which is very rare so options were limited. The methotrexate made me very tired and nauseous for a week.

i know it's hard to imagine having to wait to try again and I struggled with that as I also have endo and that was my second loss this year. The risk with surgery with levels so low is that if they don't get every single placental cell you may still need the shot anyway. I had a follow up hycosy and was cleared to try again about a month ago.

Hope that was helpful in some way. Lots of hugs x
    Last edited by superclucky; 20-09-2014 at 13:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    Thanks anjalee and mummy12.
    Dr has sent me to the hospital so I'm waiting now. With that methotrexate shot, am I able to refuse it and opt for surgery instead, does anyone know? I think my mental health will suffer a lot if I can't TTC for 6 months, plus I just had endometriosis removed and was told to get pregnant quickly to avoid it growing back....
    You most definitely can refuse. They gave me the option with my first but they made methotrexate sound easy, which it wasn't for me. It's ultimately a cancer drug so it can do a lot of damage. My liver really struggled on it and my eyes were yellow for weeks after and I was really ill... And it didn't even work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh I hate hospitals.....I'm being that horribly difficult patient begging to go home....they told me blood test in the morning ultrasound Monday or Tuesday....I can't stay here that long. There's so many babies near me I just keep crying crying crying.....why can't they do stuff quicker....my GP could get me an ultrasound before Tuesday