+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Ps good on you for coming here to get some advice and reassure your wife. What a lovely husband.

You might like to buy your wife a book called Birth - it's written by an Australian midwife and I think it's really good (and I've read a few of these books now as an obsessive IVF'er).

You can get it in hardcopy or on the e-book store.

I suggest this because in pregnancy Dr Google is not always helpful and can just increase your anxiety so it's better to read legitimate, referenced and published stuff.

Good luck with the pregnancy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

terryg  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The wife is pretty worried tonight she came home from work and had light brown spotting I tried reassuring her but unsure if the is normal muself, she wants to go to the docs tomorrow to check, is this spotting normal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by terryg View Post
    The wife is pretty worried tonight she came home from work and had light brown spotting I tried reassuring her but unsure if the is normal muself, she wants to go to the docs tomorrow to check, is this spotting normal?
    Spotting in early pregnancy is pretty common and many women experience it and go in to have healthy bubs.

Does she have any cramping? Light brown is not too concerning, just keep an eye out for bright red or large clots and if she starts getting any painful cramps you can go to A&E.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    You can also call Healthdirect which is a free call number paid for by the Commonwealth Government which is staffed by nurses you can talk to and if it's urgent they'll consult a dr and will advise you whether to go to emergency 1800 022 222 it's available 24/7
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1411135585.582938.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Terry, I had some brown spotting around5 weeks. I didn't know I was pregnant yet. I found out the week after and was sent for a dating scan the week after that (7 weeks) and could see my little jelly bean! I wouldn't stress about the spotting. It's very common and if it's brown then the blood is old. If it was red I would see the doctor as that can be fresh blood. I now have a healthy 14mo daughter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I paid for all my scans except the first one. I was bulk billed for the first but the 12 weeks scan I paid about $190 and the 20 week scan was $210 I think. I didn't get money back from the 12 week scan but medicare paid me back a small amound for the 20 week scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spotted in my first pregnancy somewhere about 8-9 weeks I think. Just one day of it. I just took a day off work to chill, kept an eye on it but it never happened again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi
    I had brown spotting between weeks 4-6 and I am currently feeding my precious ds so try not to worry. It is very common but very unnerving. I rested as much as possible and didn't do anything strenuous, no heavy lifting, no exercise until it all settled.
    I hope your wife's spotting is your little bubba burrowing in nice and deep.
    Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the tips and advice, last night she had red blood bleeding it wasnt enough to soak the toilet paper but it was still a fair bit, we went straight to emergency and all they did was take some blood and urine, every thing else was normal they told us to come to the early pregnancy ward tomorrow, we are pretty upset atm and ive read it does happen to some women, the wife keeps thinking negative and ive just got to be strong, but truthfully its eating me up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi @terryg hang in there it's totally possible that things will be ok.