+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaBamumma View Post
    The 'step' at the start of the name has no bearing on the persons possibility of being a pedophile. .
    Not true. According to the stats (thanks to Dr Phil) children who have a non biological parent move into their home are 20 times more likely to suffer sexual abuse.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (20-09-2014),CazHazKidz  (21-10-2014),DarcyJ  (22-09-2014),LoveLivesHere  (20-09-2014),sky1  (20-09-2014)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    And anyway...why does a grandparent need to shower with a child?
    Precisely. At much younger than 3 my dd was showering alone with supervision.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm i sense underlying or background information perhaps that makes you both uncomfortable about this so trust your instinct.

I have to admit i kind of go nah i don't think so when reading. Doesn't sit well with me. Not in this day and age. When i was a kid and in the grandparents spa with all the cousins naked it was fine and aunty has photos of me showering at about 4 or 5 i guess that i don't think would be considered ok in today's society.

Put it this way i wouldn't want to have seen pops uglies in my face as a child! Nobody needs to see that except gran and medical professionals imo

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hapuhope For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Grandpa showers

Thank you for your replies everyone. I appreciate the feed back. Mil said they had asked some people since the incident and they didn't find it weird. I find that hard to believe, I'm sure they wouldn't tell them honestly to their face anyway. It's not like it was once. It was 3 times in a week. Just seems strange let alone my husband's feelings about his experience. If he is not okay with it then I'm surely not. Thanks again everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulK View Post
    I don't have an issue with it personally , we are all quite comfortable with things such as nudity and tend not to make a big deal out of it. That said, if your gut is saying you're not comfortable with it, you should say something.
    I agree with this. At 3 (possible closer to 2) dd would hop in the shower myself or grandparents. Now at 7 she showers alone and has done for years. I think when little it's not a big deal but it's all based on own preferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with most of the pp. If you dont feel 100% ok about it then it just shouldn't happen anymore. I think your in-laws need to understand that you are not trying to convince them (or their friends) that it is weird. You don't need them to change to your way of thinking and to suddenly feel uncomfortable about being nude. However you are the parents and you now have a new rule- your children do not shower with anyone other then their parents. You tried to explain why but if they dont understand or agree that is fine.... They just have to follow the new rule!
    Good luck x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Who gives a flying flip what their friends think. Your the parent. Your say goes.

If they continue after you have told them to stop than they must have alternative motives. Even the fact that they asked their friends sets alarm bells of to me.

I have problems with people showering with their kids. I have a issues that they are making such a big deal of you telling them not to do it.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

aprilhaarer  (21-09-2014),DarcyJ  (22-09-2014),KitiK  (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're the parent, they are grand parents. You have the final say about what YOU are comfortable for YOUR child to do.
    I doubt she would have asked friends that she knew would either a) tell the truth to her face or b) have a different opinion to her.

Fact is you have asked a group of people and majority think it's strange behaviour. Those that think it's ok have a rational valid reason ie tank water to back up their side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    You're the parent, they are grand parents. You have the final say about what YOU are comfortable for YOUR child to do.
    I doubt she would have asked friends that she knew would either a) tell the truth to her face or b) have a different opinion to her.

Fact is you have asked a group of people and majority think it's strange behaviour. Those that think it's ok have a rational valid reason ie tank water to back up their side.
    This - if you're not comfortable, that is enough to say no more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're not comfortable with it, that's your answer. Say no.

My mum will get in the bath with my son only if he insists but she wears her swimmers, on her own initiative. I'm happy with that.