+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you're not comfortable with it then it shouldn't happen.

My kids have showered with their grandparents...it doesn't bother me (I remember jumping in the shower with my nana when I was young) but if it did I would ask the grandparents not to shower with my kids and expect it to be respected.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Crazyfamily  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't have an issue with it personally , we are all quite comfortable with things such as nudity and tend not to make a big deal out of it. That said, if your gut is saying you're not comfortable with it, you should say something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This would personally freak me out. Go with your gut.

Sent from my SM-T310 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Candiceo For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (20-09-2014)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can't imagine I would have a problem with it. I feel like people really sexualise nudity when it's just our natural state of being. Being naked around a child doesn't equal sexual.

Anyway. Obviously if it makes you feel uncomfortable, then your wishes should be acknowledged.
    Last edited by Witwicky; 19-09-2014 at 20:23.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

MINIRoo  (19-09-2014),MsViking  (19-09-2014),Wise Enough  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a range of what is considered normal with regards to nudity and children so i'm just going to say this. You as a mum don't like it, you're dh doesn't like it as the father of your son and your dh didn't like it when he was put in the same position as your little fella. Go with this as well as your intuition. It's your right as a parent to put in boundaries on behalf of your son. Those boundaries should be respected. As for MIL's response, if that was the first then it's quite odd but 2 days later I would assume other things had been said in the meantime.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My parents shower with my DDs and I have no issue with it. We're on tank water, it just makes sense! Also when I'm at work I expect my parents to pretty much be me (I work shift work), so they are just doing what I would do when there's no time for a bath.

However if I asked them not to I would expect them to respect my decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go with my gut and perhaps come up with something so as not to offend your in-laws.
    Personally I have no problem with my dd (4) showering with my step dad or my mum until she or they feel uncomfortable with it. It's all about being comfortable and of you are feeling uneasy about it I would definitely say something and put a stop to it.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had started to write out a long reply but have just decided on answering simply: I don't think it's right. Just...no. Doesn't sit well with me. Why does he insist on accompanying a 3 year old in the shower? It's not necessary....
    It's a huge conclusion to jump to, yes. It's also a sad and disturbing matter to have to consider; it could be completely innocent; but being cautious is important.
    Better off putting a stop to it and being wrong in your accusations than not putting a stop to it and your gut feelings being a reality, if that makes sense...

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 19-09-2014 at 22:28.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (22-09-2014),KitiK  (20-09-2014),Lillac  (20-09-2014),VicPark  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to add- there are a lot of comments about 'step-fathers' and the fact that it's not ok for them in particular to be showering with children. This makes me a bit uncomfortable for a few reasons. The 'step' at the start of the name has no bearing on the persons possibility of being a pedophile. Are people forgetting that fathers, mothers, grandmothers, aunties and uncles are also capable of this. Just because the child is not blood related doesn't mean the 'step' would be more likely to do something. My step dad is all dd knows as a grandfather as I lost my dad when shortly after she was born. I consider him to be her grandfather (no 'step' needed in the title) and she loves him to bits and vice versa.
    I don't want to start a debate but I just wanted to advocate for the 'steps' out there who do an amazing job and love our children like their own. Sorry of anyone take offence to this it's not my intention.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wannaBamumma For This Useful Post:

Curby  (20-09-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (20-09-2014),SuperGranny  (20-09-2014),Whirligig  (20-09-2014),Wise Enough  (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And anyway...why does a grandparent need to shower with a child?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (20-09-2014)