+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help with planning my workload

Hi there,

I am new to this site and need some advice.

My husband has told me this morning that I am “just being lazy” for not intending on working full time up until the birth of our first child in May. He is usually a very kind man but I am very hurt by his comments. I’m sure it is just his ignorance on the topic, he says “other people do it”. Maybe in other professions? I work as a family day care operator caring for 4 children everyday aged from 6months to 5 years. It is an extremely busy, full on job, working 9 hour days without a break. I only want to drop one day to 4 days in the New Year which we can afford. How can I explain it to him without making the issue worse? I’m worried this will be an ongoing issue?

Thanks in advance. He really is a nice man I just need a way to explain it to his rationally. I have hip displasia and I am worried I will be in too much pain if I push myself too hard.

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It sounds like dropping down to 4 days will be in the best interest of the kids you mind, your own health and the health of your bub. You won't be much good to anyone if you are in too much pain, struggling , stressed and burnt out. I think it's a perfectly reasonable suggestion. You have some precious cargo to look after x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

Bilby1980  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bel2466,

Yeah hopefully he and I can have a chat about it tonight. We have our baby to look after and I'm sure he will understand. I think he is just a bit apprehensive and overwhelmed at the idea of being the main bread winner. I'm sure it will all work out. Thanks for your response

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bilby1980 For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (19-09-2014)