+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Feeling anxious no ultrasound

I'm a worrier and can be an anxious person. I am nearly 7 weeks pregnant and have had this confirmed at the docs by POS. I am due to go back tomorrow to get referral for all the 12 week scans etc.

Problem is last time at 6 weeks, I'd already had a dating scan and felt a bit more reassured that all was ok.

I feel really really worried about waiting another 5 weeks to find out everything is ok and plus we are going away next week for 5 days.

I haven't had cramps or blood loss. I have some symptoms but nothing too convincing. Just sore boobs and metallic taste in mouth.
    should I ask for scan or just toughen up?!

if there was a problem could I have no indication and find out at the 12 week scan that there is a problem?

pOs lines are getting darker so that is good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am exactly the same. I would, for my own piece if mind, ask for a scan. I had weekly HCG blood tests til 7weeks. Scan at 7 weeks, scan at 9 weeks and then again at 12. (IVF pregnancy so might be different for others). I was still so anxious, scared and convinced something wasn't right. If it will give you comfort then do what your gut tells you. GL x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never had a scan before 12 weeks. The sonographer told us when we went this time that if something was wrong I would probably already know (blood etc) and that it would be obvious. Not to say there would be exceptions to that but hopefully should be some comfort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The more scans the merrier I reckon (totally nervous wreck In the first tri, I can only hold it together for about two weeks before needing more reassurance). If that is going to help you feel more calm then request more scans. GL, it's a Scary time for many.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I only ever did the dating and morph scan. You will know if something is wrong.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm in the same boat (had a dating scan in my first pregnancy and won't get any this time).

What I tell myself is if there's no blood it's ok, if there's no painful contraction it's ok.
    There's nothing they could do if something were wrong. And you (general you) could have a good and normal US one day and a problem the next.

Also I have read that they start to think that US are not all good on the foetus.

Maybe we can keep each other company? when is your scan? mine will be on Oct 31!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd ask for a scan. It might put your mind at ease. But as pp have said, you (in general) could have a scan one day, and something happen the next. The first 12 weeks are the worst I think. I freaked out constantly!

Keep an eye on your symptoms, that's my advice. If you notice a dramatic drop, maybe chat to your doc about having another look.

I'm certainly not saying this to scare you, but I had a big drop in my symptoms (only looking back did I realise) at 8 weeks, went for a scan at 12 and unfortunately I had had a missed miscarriage at 8 1/2 weeks. Not very common at all to have no signs of MC but does happen. My pregnancies after that I have been an ultrasound demon - requesting at every opportunity! Helps my doc has a machine at his clinic too.

So don't be afraid to ask if it will put your mind at ease. It certainly did for me! I think this pregnancy I had one at 6 1/2, 9 11 and the big one at 12

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have the scan.I felt I should have a scan to check things with my 6th pregnancy but wanted to hold off til 12 wks so the baby looked bigger and things were certain.Well they were certain for sure. I'd had a missed miscarriage at 7.5 weeks, no signs at all anything was wrong, I was still sick up to the day before I went for the scan. Worst moment of my life when the lady out the wand on my belly I wish I had found out sooner, like at 8-9 weeks.So for your peace of mind have one around 8.5 weeks. 7 weeks seems to be a defining weeks for a lot of pregnancies, from ladies stories I read about mmc. Sorry to be a downer, but you can certainly lose a pregnancy and not have any clue at all.Good luck and I hope everything is just perfect for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you are feeling so anxious,ask for a scan now to check and reassure yourself thay all is ok. The worry will drive you nuts otherwise

Like pp's I too have suffered missed mc's. With my first we had the usual dating scan at 7ish weeks, all looked great with a good hb. Fast forward to the nt scan at 12.5wks and sadly we found out our bub had stopped growing & passed at 8.5wks - absolutely no indication anything was wrong (no spotting, cramping and I was still vomiting with ms). With our 3 subsequent pregnancies, I have had fortnightly scans for my peace of mind (sadly we suffered an identical scenario mmc with our third bub, picked up only by one of those f/n scans)

This doesn't mean to scare you, so many women have complication free and healthy pregnancies but if you're becoming so worried over the thought of waiting, I would just ask for the referral. No harm done. Good luck & best wishes for a healthy & happy pregnancy

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app