+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just with regard to your title, I feel the need to point out that random/starnger-led violent crimes are at their lowest levels in history. Yes, some awful things still happen...but that's people for you. We live in one of the safest countries, during the safest/least violent period humans have ever known. We just know about EVERYTHING now, and compare it to our ideal view of what the world should be.

So yes, some awful crimes happen... but you're far more likely to be injured or killed on your every-day commute. All in all, we have an amazing quality of life with an extremely long life-expectancy. So many positives to focus on

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

babycake  (24-09-2014),MsViking  (19-09-2014),Piyamj  (19-09-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (19-09-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (24-09-2014),SuperGranny  (24-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To focus on the positive is essential..... And so is not falling asleep and becoming complacent or taking for granted the freedom in this land.
    These particular kind of threats ARE new to Australia and the cause needs to be recognised for what it is. And people need to wake up sooner rather than later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't know about anyone else but I am fed up with the language used by the media reporting on these threats.
    Specifically, this morning after last night's attack on two policemen in Melbourne.
    "Terror on the Streets"
    "Act of Terror"
    Nope, that was an act of utter stupidity!
    They (Isis) want us to feel terror, terrorised and terrified.
    Why is the media fueling them?
    Just like we demanded the language be changed from King Hit to Coward Punch, we should DEMAND the word Terror be removed from the media on this one. It serves them more then it serves us!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (24-09-2014),babycake  (24-09-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (24-09-2014),sky1  (24-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll admit I'm a little scared.

While I'm aware of how the media reports these things, my fiancé is working away in Canberra at the moment in a Defence building. It makes me a little nervous!

These extremists repulse me.

Me 👩 36; DF 👨 34
    DS 🐢 07/02/97
    DD 🐝 27/09/99
    DS 🐳 26/04/02
    DD 🐞 06/09/06
    DD 🐣 Due 03/12/14