+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whisper80 View Post
    How many days a week do you currently work?
    I'm working three days a week. I was doing CRT but got offered a three day contract this term and 2 days next term. I work weird days though. Monday Tuesday and Friday! The break in the middle of the week is nice!
    I need to work full time for my career and finances.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Two days is better if you can do it. I'm a teacher. :-)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I went back three days a week this year when DS was 14 months old. I have to go back full time next year for financial reasons.

It's been effing hard as DS hardly ever sleeps through, so I've really valued having my two days off - but I should add I've been mainly doing it on my own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went back after DS1 4 days a week when he was 1... I think it was too much for me.

After DS2 I went back 2 days when he was one. It was great ... He is now 3 and I'm working 3 days a week on two classes. I don't think I could take on the bulk of a class - but I'm happy doing 2 days on one class and one day on another.

I'm also a single mother with custody 10 nights a fortnight. I doubt I'll ever return full time - but I think I'll pick up another day when DS2 starts school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree that 2 days or 3 days across 2 classes is easier. If you are doing 3 days in one class then you are the teacher with the main responsibility so most of the little things that need follow up fall to you.

I've started relief 2 days per week this term after my 2nd turned 1. I think there has been 1 week all term that I've been able to work both days thanks to DS, his big sister or me being sick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do two days and don't want to do any more than that! I am permanent but am used like a CRT, so it's great. No planning, marking, reports etc. once I go back in 2016 after number 2 arrives, I'll be doing a proper job share - still two days though, unless something changes.