+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    I'm still losing weight but not on 5:2 anymore. Total loss so far is 23.8kg.
    Wow!! Well done on the weight loss!! Can I ask is there a reason why you stopped 5:2?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Hi, I may be joining you. I've only got a few kgs now to lose, I've lost around 3 in the past month doing 5:2. Which days are you planning on doing your fasts on?
    I have a bit going on emotionally/mentally at the moment and not in the right frame of mind to start in the next few days, but hopefully at some point late next week I'll give it a shot.
    Awesome! Definitely join me once you are in the headspace and ready. Hope you are ok.
    Start weight is 73.7 and goal weight is 67kg. That should see me very comfortably into my pre-baby wardrobe! I actually dropped one whole kilo after my fast day! Obviously "water weight" or just fluctuation but still soooo motivating!
    Of course then there are the 5kg I put on BEFORE the breastfeeding weight, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Adoralicious For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (26-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just wanted to share that i started the 5:2 diet in January. Worked amazing for me. I did it for about 3 months and lost 11kgs and 3 dress sizes. I stopped cos i was happy with my weight and winter came around.

I found while i wasnt doing the diet, i still lost weight as i wasnt eating as much and it completely changed the way i thought about food.

So since January ive lost 12 kgs and nearly 4 dress sizes.

For the first time in about 5 years im considering wearing a bikini for summer time.

This worked amazingly well for me. I will usually fast once a week (usually without even trying) just to keep the idea going. Or if ive had a big weekend ill fast to bring things back.

Im so happy with my weight and feel the best ive felt in many years.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loislane2010 For This Useful Post:

Adoralicious  (27-09-2015),~Marigold~  (26-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoralicious View Post
    Wow!! Well done on the weight loss!! Can I ask is there a reason why you stopped 5:2?
    It just didn't seem to be working for me after about 6 weeks. Now I find that sticking to 1500cal a day works and I find it easier. It actually works out to be about the same cals per week as I was eating on 5:2. I still have times I don't lose anything for a while but I've dropped 3-4 dress sizes so heading in the right direction. I was hoping to have lost 30kg by now but that was really a bit unrealistic. If I can make 30 by Christmas I'll be happy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

Adoralicious  (27-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bumping because I failed miserably at this. I'm hoping to try again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (20-06-2016)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Bumping because I failed miserably at this. I'm hoping to try again.
    I have been thinking about doing this again as well. I actually had pretty good success with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I have been thinking about doing this again as well. I actually had pretty good success with it.
    That's good to hear. No matter what I try, I keep on putting on weight, Ive gained 3Kg in the last year!
    I am 160cm tall and 67Kg, I would like to go down to 63Kg at least. I just find it soooo difficult!
    I am hoping going back on the 5:2 might help me loose 4-5kg. I just need to be strong on the 2 days and make good choices on the 5 days.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    That's good to hear. No matter what I try, I keep on putting on weight, Ive gained 3Kg in the last year!
    I am 160cm tall and 67Kg, I would like to go down to 63Kg at least. I just find it soooo difficult!
    I am hoping going back on the 5:2 might help me loose 4-5kg. I just need to be strong on the 2 days and make good choices on the 5 days.
    We can do it together if you want? Having support on the fast days is really crucial.
    I was around 61kg around October last year, my lowest in years.. It's a perfect weight for me. But I've definitely put on a few since, like 5 or 6kg! Need to get back on top of it.
    When do you think you'll start your fast days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can i join? I've started on 73.8kgs and am down to 69kgs. Am wanting to get down to 63kgs. Am 1.75 tall. I find drinking tea helps alot to fill u up.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

My Beloved Ones  (20-06-2016),~Marigold~  (20-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    Can i join? I've started on 73.8kgs and am down to 69kgs. Am wanting to get down to 63kgs. Am 1.75 tall. I find drinking tea helps alot to fill u up.
    You're my twin!

My fast days this week will be Tues, Wed & Thursday.

Ive bought flavoured hot chocolate, i think the brand is Jarrah. The mint is delish. Will try the white hot choc over the next few days too.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (20-06-2016),~Marigold~  (20-06-2016)