+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 5:2 Fasting Diet

A typical day for me is a coffee or tea for breakfast and I try to keep my 500 cals for dinner.
    I'll have a skim latte in the arvo and then have a 300 cal dinner. Maybe an icy pole afterwards.

Main benefits come from having a longer fast. Try to skip breakfast or lunch and drink lots of water. Use diet drinks, miso soup or such to fill up.

Hunger pangs go. They don't hang around.

I started with having a boiled egg and had asparagus spears to dip for breakfasts when I first started fasting.
    Once I got used to feeling a but hungry, I skipped breakfast.
    Sometimes I'll have lunch, but mostly I try to keep myself busy until after work, or when DH gets home and I have a skim latte which settles the pangs until we eat tea.
    Last edited by moongazer; 26-03-2015 at 21:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm thinking about giving this a go today! I've been sticking to a 1200 calorie diet and have been trying to walk a lot as a form of exercise but my weight is being very erratic at the moment.

Any tips?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    I'm back....it's been a long break for me but I got a kick up the pants today and I need to do something. I went to see a surgeon today about a umbilical hernia I have and the news was not good. Suffice to say I need to lose a lot of weight (50kg) in a short amount of time. He recommended Optifast but I know I couldn't do that long term. So I'm thinking of this again and using Optifast for my fasting days and to keep my calories definitely below 2000 on non fast days I am going to try Lite and Easy. I really need to get portion control right (it's my biggest enemy) so I was thinking this would help. I'm going to give myself 6 months. This will be putting off the surgery for about 3 months but I need that time so I can have a better outcome. My only problem is meals for DS, so I'll have to batch cook for him and freeze them I guess. I'm so emotional today, I knew I would get the you need to lose weight spiel but I wasn't prepared for the brutal truth. I don't want major surgery so to improve the situation and stop it reoccurring I need to do this.
    That sounds like it must have been really difficult for you to hear.How are you feeling about it now that you’ve had a day to process it? I think Lite and Easy looks great – it would definitely help with portion control on non fast days (which is my problem too) .

AFM – I am fasting today.I have been slack and only fasting sporadically.I am also eating way too much sugar and junk….I feel terrible because of it.Back to proper fasting and healthier eating on non-fast days as of today.I was feeling so good when fasting regularly and eating better…..so annoyed at myself for slipping back into bad habits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I prefer to keep most of my calories until dinner too.A typical fast day is nothing but water/tea until lunch time, a diet soft drink, and if I am really hungry I have a boiled egg late afternoon.For dinner I have mainly been doing veg and chicken with soy sauce, or salad and feta or chicken.I try to save enough calories for a hot chocolate (with water instead of milk) in the evening as I hate going to bed hungry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I'm another who trys to avoid eating until as late as possible. Sometimes i will have sugar free red bull or diet coke to help with the energy levels (not very healthy though, i know). Sometimes i'll have green tea or a cup of hot water with a teaspoon of miso paste and usually some baby spinach leaves to bulk it up a little. I find that the miso 'soup' is really good for keeping the hunger pains at bay.
    For food i try to eat mostly fruit and vegies as they are typically low cal and you can eat more.
    I will usually have a piece of fruit throughout the day and have some tofu or just greens like baby pak choy and broccoli on rice with a splash of soy sauce for dinner.
    Sometimes I will have corn thins as a snack to as they are 23 cals each.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm already hungry, I usually always eat breakfast so that would be why and I'm not doing much today so I have more time to focus on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    That sounds like it must have been really difficult for you to hear.How are you feeling about it now that you’ve had a day to process it? I think Lite and Easy looks great – it would definitely help with portion control on non fast days (which is my problem too) .
    Feeling better today and more positive, thanks for asking. Boy surgeons have terrible beside manners but the registrar was lovely. The impending doom cloud that was over my head yesterday is being blown away with some positive thoughts. I have to do this, there is no choice any more. My dear old Mum, bless her, is going to pay for my Lite n Easy for the first month and then well see if I think I still need it to keep on track. I know I can do it, I have before. This time it needs to go and be gone forever. Been very good so far today and dinner is a weight watchers recipe so that's ok. Fast day tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First fast day of my new start and so far so good. To make it easy I am using Optislim shakes at 150cals each. I actually don't mind them with some ice in the water and blended rather than shaked. Will have some stirfry vegies and another shake for dinner. After dinner is my worst time, need to make it to bed without eating anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @WiseOldOwl - what kind of stirfry veggies are you having tonight? I am doing Optislim too and on day 10 am already running out of ideas of what to have. Well actually I have a few ideas but just don't seem to feel like any of them!

I'll keep an eye out to see how you are tracking and can cheer you on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    @WiseOldOwl - what kind of stirfry veggies are you having tonight? I am doing Optislim too and on day 10 am already running out of ideas of what to have. Well actually I have a few ideas but just don't seem to feel like any of them!

I'll keep an eye out to see how you are tracking and can cheer you on!
    Thanks, I need all the support I can get. You seem to be doing really well on the shakes. I don't think I could do it for that long straight but maybe you get used to it and seeing good results would sure help.

I'm just stirfrying up some broc/carrots/cauli/snowpeas with some soy and oyster sauce. Can't have vegies just on their own, need some sauce or something to get them down.