+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 563
  1. #451
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Edens Landing
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked
    54
    Reviews
    0
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Thought you girls would like to read this article, it's fascinating stuff and has just made more feel more positive and determined!
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle...ve-longer.html
    Just gave this a read, and I feel the same way! Not that I wasn't impressed by a nearly 2kg loss in my first week, reading all that has definitely motivated me to stick with it the best I can :3

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to BatmansMama For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (15-11-2014)

  3. #452
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BatmansMama View Post
    Just gave this a read, and I feel the same way! Not that I wasn't impressed by a nearly 2kg loss in my first week, reading all that has definitely motivated me to stick with it the best I can :3
    Incredible, right?

    I'm fasting again today and I'm planning on getting some of the Country Ladle vegetable soup that a PP posted.
    Whish me luck!
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 15-11-2014 at 11:54.

  4. #453
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Edens Landing
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked
    54
    Reviews
    0
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Incredible, right?

    I'm fasting again today and I'm planning on getting some of the Country Ladle vegetable soup that a PP posted.
    Whish me luck!
    Good luck! If you shop at Aldi, their tinned soups have a pretty low calorie count. Their chicken and sweet corn has only 144cal per serve, and is super yummy and filling (: I had the pumpkin one for dinner on Thursday (my fasting day)
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1416019112.591382.jpg

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to BatmansMama For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (15-11-2014)

  6. #454
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,423
    Thanks
    513
    Thanked
    1,070
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi lovelies.

    Fasting today. My weekend was ridiculously exhausting 😰. I am shattered. Couldn't tell you what I ate or when I ate it but not much of it was nutritionally sound! It was too hot to eat anyway.

    Going well today. Hope all is well with you guys.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

    sajimum  (19-11-2014),~Marigold~  (17-11-2014)

  8. #455
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I'm still so unbelievably sick. I thought i was on the mend the other week but it was false hope it would seem.
    Was going to have Wednesday as my first fast day this week but am not sure now, depends how i'm feeling. I haven't really been eating a great deal anyway.
    Hopefully i will be back onboard soon.

  9. #456
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've been fasting today as well.
    Saturday was also a fasting day, but I really struggled with feeling starving early on in the day. I made it through though. Today has been one of those breezy days where I haven't really felt hungry at all; I managed to get by on two cups of coffee and heaps of water and have just had the yummiest dinner- grilled fish with a side of vegie rice. The rice was really delicious, it was just one of those steam packs you bung in the microwave for 90 secs, got it from Aldi, it's brown rice with garden veg and and was surprisingly tasty and around 220 cals for a half the sachet, which was plenty.
    I'm roughly 3kg down now :-) I'm going to fast for three days per week for the next couple of weeks and hopefully hut my goal weight by December.
    My fasting days will be Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 17-11-2014 at 16:26.

  10. #457
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I'm still so unbelievably sick. I thought i was on the mend the other week but it was false hope it would seem.
    Was going to have Wednesday as my first fast day this week but am not sure now, depends how i'm feeling. I haven't really been eating a great deal anyway.
    Hopefully i will be back onboard soon.
    Hope you're feeling better soon sweetie x Rest up and recharge.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

    HarvestMoon  (17-11-2014)

  12. #458
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,423
    Thanks
    513
    Thanked
    1,070
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I'm still so unbelievably sick. I thought i was on the mend the other week but it was false hope it would seem.
    Was going to have Wednesday as my first fast day this week but am not sure now, depends how i'm feeling. I haven't really been eating a great deal anyway.
    Hopefully i will be back onboard soon.
    Get well x

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

    HarvestMoon  (18-11-2014)

  14. #459
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked
    34
    Reviews
    0

    Default 5:2 Fasting Diet

    Get well soon@HarvestMoon. Today is my fast day. Had to go the dentist this morning and had half my face numbed up to my eye socket. It's feeling swollen sore as the anaesthetic wears off so I don't think not eating will be a problem!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to cairnsmummy For This Useful Post:

    HarvestMoon  (18-11-2014)

  16. #460
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,378
    Thanks
    829
    Thanked
    1,106
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I'm still so unbelievably sick. I thought i was on the mend the other week but it was false hope it would seem.
    Was going to have Wednesday as my first fast day this week but am not sure now, depends how i'm feeling. I haven't really been eating a great deal anyway.
    Hopefully i will be back onboard soon.
    I hope you feel better soon - so horrible being sick.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I've been fasting today as well.
    Saturday was also a fasting day, but I really struggled with feeling starving early on in the day. I made it through though. Today has been one of those breezy days where I haven't really felt hungry at all; I managed to get by on two cups of coffee and heaps of water and have just had the yummiest dinner- grilled fish with a side of vegie rice. The rice was really delicious, it was just one of those steam packs you bung in the microwave for 90 secs, got it from Aldi, it's brown rice with garden veg and and was surprisingly tasty and around 220 cals for a half the sachet, which was plenty.
    I'm roughly 3kg down now :-) I'm going to fast for three days per week for the next couple of weeks and hopefully hut my goal weight by December.
    My fasting days will be Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
    I am impressed with your 3 days of fasting! Not sure if I have that much motivation. Sounds like it's really working for you. How do you find a weekend fast day? I feel like it would be much harder on the weekend as I would be around others eating all day.

    Quote Originally Posted by cairnsmummy View Post
    Get well soon@HarvestMoon. Today is my fast day. Had to go the dentist this morning and had half my face numbed up to my eye socket. It's feeling swollen sore as the anaesthetic wears off so I don't think not eating will be a problem!
    I hope yesterday's fast day went smoothly and you aren't in pain now the anaesthetic has worn off!

    AFM - first fast day this week and I am struggling a bit already! Just sat down to a hot drink (just hot water and lemon) but might need some caffeine in the form of a soft drink soon. It's going to be a long day I think.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Fasting for surgery advice please :)
    By alexis243 in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-08-2014, 19:14
  2. What was you GD diet?
    By catemer in forum Gestational Diabetes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-06-2014, 12:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pebblebee
Parents spend hours looking for things they need NOW. The keys, the remote, darling daughter's treasured teddy. Stop wasting precious time looking & start finding with Bub Hub reviewed Pebblebee Smart Tag. Simply attach a Pebblebee and find it fast.
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
Swim Australia
Swim Australia are the leading learn-to-swim experts, and national swim school authority. With over 600 Registered Swim Schools located across the country, through our aquatic education, we aim to build a Safer, Smarter, Stronger nation of swimmers.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!