+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 563
  1. #421
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Even though I completely fasted for the entire day today, I think I may have gone slightly over the 500 calories with dinner and a coffee. I made the spaghetti Bolognese and even though I only had a small serving, the packet of pasta noodles says it's approx 360 cals per serve, to which I added the meat sauce (lean mince, carrots, mushrooms, passata etc) and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
    To make up for it I went on an almost 2 hour walk afterwards
    I came home craving something sweet and also coffee and caved, having a butterscotch latte (Nescafe brand, only 70 cals) so I'm pretty sure I'm over 500 :/ But hopefully not by too much!


    Me 32, He 35, DS 14, DD 2
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 10-11-2014 at 20:20.

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,414
    Thanks
    838
    Thanked
    1,113
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds like you won't be too far over!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (10-11-2014)

  4. #423
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by teenie View Post
    Hi girls. How's everyone going? I'm still really sick 😔. Fasting again today. Hope you are all well x
    I've been sick of late too. Was still losing weight on my red bull and cough lolly diet though, so that's a plus. Think i'm finally getting over it now.
    Am giving this week a miss in regards to fast days as i have exams. Have one early next week too but then will jump back on board 5:2.

  5. #424
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Even though I completely fasted for the entire day today, I think I may have gone slightly over the 500 calories with dinner and a coffee. I made the spaghetti Bolognese and even though I only had a small serving, the packet of pasta noodles says it's approx 360 cals per serve, to which I added the meat sauce (lean mince, carrots, mushrooms, passata etc) and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
    To make up for it I went on an almost 2 hour walk afterwards
    I came home craving something sweet and also coffee and caved, having a butterscotch latte (Nescafe brand, only 70 cals) so I'm pretty sure I'm over 500 :/ But hopefully not by too much!


    Me 32, He 35, DS 14, DD 2
    I think you will be fine even if you have gone slighty over. You're doing 3 fast days a week aren't you? You should still definitely have a deficit.
    A few cals definitely aren't worth stressing over.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (10-11-2014)

  7. #425
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I think you will be fine even if you have gone slighty over. You're doing 3 fast days a week aren't you? You should still definitely have a deficit.
    A few cals definitely aren't worth stressing over.
    I was planning on it but Sunday didn't quite work out. I'm feeling confident though. I'll try and do the three days this week.

    Me 32, He 35, DS 14, DD 2

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

    HarvestMoon  (10-11-2014)

  9. #426
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,489
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked
    1,122
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I've been sick of late too. Was still losing weight on my red bull and cough lolly diet though, so that's a plus. Think i'm finally getting over it now.
    Am giving this week a miss in regards to fast days as i have exams. Have one early next week too but then will jump back on board 5:2.
    Glad you're getting better. My diet has been pretty odd while I've been sick - I've definitely been eating less.

    My fasting was fine yesterday but I ended up eating a handful of almonds at midnight because I am on hardcore antibiotics and my stomach was turning itself inside out and keeping me awake. The pharmacist told me to eat if my stomach was upset - she was right, it really helped.

    I still feel really yuck today but feel like I am turning the corner. My throat is finally less sore.

  10. #427
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by teenie View Post
    Glad you're getting better. My diet has been pretty odd while I've been sick - I've definitely been eating less.

    My fasting was fine yesterday but I ended up eating a handful of almonds at midnight because I am on hardcore antibiotics and my stomach was turning itself inside out and keeping me awake. The pharmacist told me to eat if my stomach was upset - she was right, it really helped.

    I still feel really yuck today but feel like I am turning the corner. My throat is finally less sore.
    Unfortunately there seems to be lots of bugs going around. It's taken me almost 3 weeks to shake whatever i've got. .. still have a cough but otherwise am much better all round.

    I hope you start feeling better soon. It's always awful being sick.

  11. #428
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,284
    Thanks
    2,629
    Thanked
    1,275
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know I shouldn't have done it but I weighed myself this morning (after a fast day). Last week I was 78.8 (up from 78.1 the previous week) which upset me a bit so I've been trying to stay away from the scales until my weigh in tomorrow. Couldn't resist this morning though cause I knew I'd be a bit lighter from the fast day and I was 77.2 (!). Unfortunately I know that's likely to go up for tomorrow but here's to hoping! Lol
    @teenie I hope you feel better soon!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

    Gothel  (12-11-2014)

  13. #429
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not happy. One week down and weighed myself this morning- no loss! Very disappointed. I did my 2 fast days. I increased my exercise and generally kept an eye on my diet on the non fast days as well. Yesterday wasn't a fast day but I still treated it like a regular "diet" day and kept my calorie intake really low. I don't get it. Feeling really disheartened now.
    Today I'm fasting again but I'm just going to try and stick to coffee and water throughout the day and have a small bowl of soup (130ish cals) for dinner.
    I really am questioning the "eat normally" on the five non fast days recommendation as I did just that and failed to lose anything.

    Ok. Dusting myself off. Just going to up the anti now. I might have to add a third day of fasting this week.

    Me 32, He 35, DS 14, DD 2

  14. #430
    Gothel's Avatar
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Stressame Street
    Posts
    6,515
    Thanks
    2,368
    Thanked
    2,113
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hello all, I've been away on holidays so I have dropped off the wagon/scales/earth lol... but I'm back now and starting again. I'm afraid to jump on the scales I hope everyone is going well.

    @Marigold I have done two weeks fasting and I didn't lose anything in the 2nd week either. It's disheartening isn't it? Scales are funny things though, you mightn't see much this week but it could all show up next week.

    I'm back to it this week and I'm going to be careful not to overdo it on the feast days PLUS start some walking and easy toning exercises.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (12-11-2014)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Fasting for surgery advice please :)
    By alexis243 in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-08-2014, 18:14
  2. What was you GD diet?
    By catemer in forum Gestational Diabetes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-06-2014, 11:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Hills Swimming
Swim with your friends and you will all get a 33% discount!* We have programs to suit all ages and abilities, with small classes held in our warm indoor 25 metre pool. Highly qualified teachers, and award winning programs. *conditions apply
featured supporter
GymbaROO
GymbaROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. Classes are available Australia-wide. Enrol today & help your child to reach their full potential. Visit the website to find out more.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!