+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm fasting too @teenie
    Glad you had a good time at your reunion - that's what reunions are for!
    I had a weekend of indulgence too, of the alcohol kind so need to get on track now.
    Have had nothing so far, and will have a wholemeal pita with ham and salad for lunch and rice paper rolls with poached chicken for dinner.
    @careermum I fell off the bandwagon last week a bit and had no loss last week so this week I'm determined! Pumping up the exercise too, did a pump class at the gym and have been walking v fast for 1-2 hours a few times a week on top of gym sessions 3 times a week.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi all, is it ok if I join in?
    After doing some research I've decided to start my first day of fasting today, but I'm totally winging it and just hoping I'm doing it right
    Does this look ok for a fast day:
    Breakfast- 2 poached eggs
    snack- had about half an apple
    No lunch
    Dinner will be a piece of grilled Basa fish filett (I googled and its roughly 100 cals) with a side of salad and raw veg (lettuce, tomato, baby corn spears from a tin and raw carrot).
    Plus I'm guzzling heaps of water and have gone on an hour long walk with the pram.
    If I repeat this on Sunday (I plan to make Wednesdays and Sundays my fast days) but eat normally on the days between will I lose weight? Is that the go? Lol, I just find it hard to believe that this will work, it seems too good to be true!
    How much weight are you all losing on a weekly basis? And do I still need to watch what I eat on my non fast days (not as strict obviously) or can I eat anything?

Thanks. I want to lose around 6kg.

Me 32, He 35, DS 14, DD 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Hi all, is it ok if I join in?
    After doing some research I've decided to start my first day of fasting today, but I'm totally winging it and just hoping I'm doing it right
    Does this look ok for a fast day:
    Breakfast- 2 poached eggs
    snack- had about half an apple
    No lunch
    Dinner will be a piece of grilled Basa fish filett (I googled and its roughly 100 cals) with a side of salad and raw veg (lettuce, tomato, baby corn spears from a tin and raw carrot).
    Plus I'm guzzling heaps of water and have gone on an hour long walk with the pram.
    If I repeat this on Sunday (I plan to make Wednesdays and Sundays my fast days) but eat normally on the days between will I lose weight? Is that the go? Lol, I just find it hard to believe that this will work, it seems too good to be true!
    How much weight are you all losing on a weekly basis? And do I still need to watch what I eat on my non fast days (not as strict obviously) or can I eat anything?

Thanks. I want to lose around 6kg.

Yes it works as you are restricting your overall calorie intake. It's just easier to only restrict 2 days a week as opposed to restricting yourself to 1200 cals or thereabouts every day.
    I think for feast days, just make sure you aren't over eating otherwise you will no longer have a deficit and won't lose weight.
    There really isn't too much else to it. I've lost about 9kgs since starting ( not sure when that was- will have to look back through this thread). Some weeks i've lost heaps, others not so much.
    As you've only got 6 kgs to lose, your weightloss may be at a slower pace. I think the average weekly lose is almost 0.5kg.

Good luck with it! I hope you reach your goal. I'm on a bit of a break from 5:2 atm as i've been sick and have exams coming up. Will jump straight back on board once my exams are over though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by HarvestMoon; 05-11-2014 at 19:20.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (05-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok. I did it! I got through my first day of fasting I think what makes it easier than "regular dieting" is the fact that I know I can resume normal eating again tomorrow, as opposed to having to restrict myself for 6 full days until I reach my 7th or "treat" day to have a normal meal.
    It's actually kinda fun doing this....
    I'll weigh in next Wednesday.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (12-11-2014),HarvestMoon  (05-11-2014),jade24  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Ok. I did it! I got through my first day of fasting I think what makes it easier than "regular dieting" is the fact that I know I can resume normal eating again tomorrow, as opposed to having to restrict myself for 6 full days until I reach my 7th or "treat" day to have a normal meal.

Good work!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (05-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Good work!

Thank you lovely

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Good job! I feel that same way on fast days. I've had 6 fasts over 2 and a half weeks and really feel in the groove of it now.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've decided I'm going to squeeze in a third day of fasting this week, so I'm making tomorrow a fast day as well as Sunday.
    I've already planned tomorrow's meals:
    Breakfast: 2 poached eggs
    Lunch: salad wrap (mountain bread)
    Dinner: pumpkin soup (130 cals per serve).

Better see a loss next Wednesday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I join please? I plan to fast on Tuesday/Thursday next week. I have joined so many weightloss support threads on here and my self control is terrible! I am hoping that this might be the exception to the rule so far. My parents have both had good success doing 5:2 after it was recommended by their GP.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

BatmansMama  (07-11-2014),~Marigold~  (07-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome sajimum!

I'm fasting today. Have woken up with a horrid sore throat and feeling awful so I don't think it's going to be hard - have no appetite whatsoever.