+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by teenie View Post
    I have a garmin vivofit. I love it. Just be mindful these devices can't tell you how many calories you've burned unless you have a heart rate monitor.
    Yes I was wondering if it was just a guestimate Is the garmin a wrist band one? Now that I know what these band thingos are, I'm seeing them on everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just bought a fitbit last Friday. I like it but am not 'in love' with it like most people say. I kind of think I wasted my money to be perfectly honest 🙊 But I'm probably not using all the functions etc

Second fasting day in a row here. Yesterday was actually really easy (easiest fasting day since I started) and today hasn't been difficult at all, considering it's day #2! I've had a coffee for breakfast and literally just finished lunch - a banana. Hoping for a good loss tomorrow!

My book arrived yesterday (The Fast Diet), only read a few pages but it's pretty interesting. Glad I got it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RenovatorMum View Post
    Yes I was wondering if it was just a guestimate Is the garmin a wrist band one? Now that I know what these band thingos are, I'm seeing them on everyone
    Yes it's a wristband. I link mine to myfitnessspal. I love it because it keeps track if my steps so I can ensure I'm being active and then exercise on top of that (if that makes sense). I record my exercise through myfitnessspal and the garmin app magically works out my intake vs output.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have read up on this diet and have attempted it. They say that you need to fast for 2 days of the week eating only 500 calories for women and 600 calories for men. In Australia food labels use kilojoules so its approx 2000kj for women and about 2500kj for men. Its recommended to split the 2 days and not have them consecutive. I've also read that its for a 24 hour period, so it might be easier to go from 2pm to 2pm fasting rather than one full day. We certainly don't need to consume as much as we do, so I'm all for this diet. Plus its cheap!!!!!!!! No need to buy expensive products or foods. Go for it, all the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangiamo View Post
    I have read up on this diet and have attempted it. They say that you need to fast for 2 days of the week eating only 500 calories for women and 600 calories for men. In Australia food labels use kilojoules so its approx 2000kj for women and about 2500kj for men. Its recommended to split the 2 days and not have them consecutive. I've also read that its for a 24 hour period, so it might be easier to go from 2pm to 2pm fasting rather than one full day. We certainly don't need to consume as much as we do, so I'm all for this diet. Plus its cheap!!!!!!!! No need to buy expensive products or foods. Go for it, all the best.
    Technically it's a 36 hour fast.
    Say you finish dinner at 7 pm Monday night, fast until 7 am for breakfast, fast until 7pm for dinner, then fast until 7am the next day for breakfast, then resume normal eating!

I tend to not eat lunch or breakfast and just power through until dinner time. Today I was starving at lunch though, so had some cold rolls.
    Having an Asian chicken and veg soup tonight. Smells good.

We have been slack recently and steadily putting on weight.
    We are getting serious again and getting back into it.
    Fasting today, Saturday and Monday. Probs Wednesday too.
    Looking forward to some weight loss again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

jade24  (30-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fast day tomorrow. First weigh in will be Saturday morning, after 15 days with 5 fasts. I can see a difference. Feeling good!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (30-10-2014),jade24  (30-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grrr I've had a 700g gain!?!?!?!
    I thought I'd had a good week
    No loss of cm's either.
    Feeling a bit deflated.
    Might try 3 fast days next week to see if that helps.
    Need to try something!!!
    Good luck to all those fasting today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    @RenovatorMum your gain could come down to something as simple as hormonal fluctuations or water retention due to the much warmer weather.
    I tend to gain during that awful AF week. Probably CMs as well as I'm so bloated.
    Hopefully next week it all drops off for you!

I'm doing my second fast day today so I've got the weekend free.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gained while AF was here and then lost again the next week. There are so many variables! I think it's better to many focus on a period of a few weeks and see if you have a general trend of losing rather than gaining. That's also more likely to be sustained I would think.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (31-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Struggling through my fast day. I think the hot weather makes it harder. I'm drinking a heap of water but I just feel clagged from the humidity and am looking for a pick-me-up😁

Anyway I've stayed strong. Will have a light dinner soon then I'm done fasting until Tuesday. Weigh in tomorrow! 👍