+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gothel - I don't recall any recipes in the first book. When I get home I'll check.

Coffee and tea with dash milk I just have and don't count cals.
    Small skinny latte is about 80 cals.
    Google fast diet or 5:2 recipes or recipes under x cals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    I almost bought it just now but then changed my mind lol. Mostly I want recipes and I can Google them.

To those who have the book (the basic book not the recipe book) are there many recipes in it? Is it worth buying?
    I just bought it, will let you know after it arrives if no one else has filled you in by then

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @jade24 did you see the documentary series where Micheal Mosley went through the diet and lost heaps of weight? I found it really interesting! The book should be a good read I look forward to your book report

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I haven't .. Do you know if you can view it online? Very interested to watch it and show my husband.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sure you must be able to, I couldnt tell you where though, I don't watch much tv! Mosley is very enthusiastic and engaging, he goes into all the science side of it and films himself on the diet etc. I'd love to watch it again.

Eta I'm finding this fast easier than I thought. I've had 2 cups of tea with a little milk, and i barely feel hungry. I expected to be starving! Does it normally get harder as you go along?

Also I totted up the points. Eating 1600 cals each day for a week day equals 5x2000 + 2×500. So it's the same intake as your bog standard diet but this seems less painful. I really struggle to stick to 1600 a day, I end up pigging out in the late afternoon.

Sorry for the massive posts, I'm avoiding study lol!
    Last edited by Gothel; 16-10-2014 at 11:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Really? OMG I don't know if I could go until dinner without eating So do you have the bulk of the 500 cals at dinner time? Do you feel OK during the day? Sorry if I sound surprised, I'm just a big guts who likes her food lol
    Generally not. I'm usually hungry by 1pm-2pm so I have some fruit, maybe some corn thins or crackers and save the rest of the cals for dinner. I need to eat something throughout the day otherwise I get light headed and shakey. From what I've read this will dissappear with time as my body adjusts to 5:2.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was supposed to fast today but having fish and chips instead lol fasting tomorrow now! I always leave all my calories for dinner because that's when I get snacky and I like having some left over for chocolate otherwise I start resenting the diet lol

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

3bubbys  (16-10-2014),Gothel  (16-10-2014),jade24  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find the fasting days fairly easy also, I'm in my fourth week. Like HarvestMoon I tend to get hungry about 2ish, so I usually have something to eat then and then I have dinner and I save some calories for a treat later on - usually a diet mousse, paddle pop or Lindt choc.

I hear you on avoiding study, been doing it all week but just submitted my last assignment for the year! Soooo happy to be free

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jade24 For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really? OMG I don't know if I could go until dinner without eating So do you have the bulk of the 500 cals at dinner time? Do you feel OK during the day? Sorry if I sound surprised, I'm just a big guts who likes her food lol
    I don't wait until dinner. Personally it doesn't affect me, I still lost 1.5kg in the first week and on my second week now (I had a break around AF time )

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it seems to be common to get hungry about 2pm which is exactly what happened me today

I'm just wondering about counting calories of veg & salad. Is there a rule of thumb eg 100g of mixed veg = x cals. It's a pain to count them up...