+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    I tend to eat soups for dinner on fast days.
    Home made minestrone - 2 cups works out at about 300cal.
    Pho is good. Lots of the Asian soups are just stick with lots of veg and a bit of protein. Watch out for noodles. They are high cal, unless you use very little.
    I also did the 12wbt a while ago, and a lot of the meals on that come in at about 300cal
    Pho? Haven't heard of that Is it like miso?
    Minestrone is good, I guess you leave out the pasta?
    The 12wbt recipes are tasty! I didn't do it, I just got the books out of the library and read them, hoping that would be enough to make me lose weight. Needless to say it didn't work :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RenovatorMum View Post
    Oh I wanted to add that even though my weight loss is minimal, in the first week and a half, I've lost 3cm from my waist!
    I've been reading from other websites that they say don't be discouraged from little or no weightloss, as you may be losing cm instead.
    Good for you!!! Belly fat is supposed to be the most dangerous so you should be really proud of yourself

Whoever asked about exercise, I'm not doing ANY atm I have a couple of health issues plus study. Walking is uncomfortable and time is limited. I have printed out something called XBX, its a 12 minute workout that works all the major muscle groups. I'm going to start it on Monday once my exam is out of the way.

As for fasting today, well that didn't work! I have to be prepared. I'm going to try again tomorrow, I'm going to have an apple for brekkie, salad+ fish for lunch and meat+ veggies for dinner. And lots of water.

What the deal with coffee, are we "allowed" coffee with a little milk, or a takeaway coffee made on milk? That would probably blow a few calories on a fast day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

I've been reading this thread with great interest. I'm very keen to give this a go,just trying to get the confidence around what I can eat on a fast day before committing. I think I'll start this next Monday though. Hope you don't mind me dropping in. You are all very inspiring.
    I'll be back to let you know how I do next week

Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cappy For This Useful Post:

3bubbys  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Right.. Jumping back on the bandwagon. Fell off last week due to DS's 1st birthday (needed to prepare waaaaaaay to many nice foods.. And they must be taste tested right?! ) and AF arrived so time to start again tomorrow.. Must get some scales too..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow! So much to catch up on ..

Welcome to our new 5:2ers - the more the merrier! Can't wait to hear about your results

Some great losses this week, well done guys

I had a pretty good fasting day today, all set to do it again tomorrow. Looking forward to Friday though! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fast day tomorrow. First one this week. Kids are back at school so it will be easier now

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm fasting today too, only water so far, just about to have a cuppa. I see the book is only $11 on book depository atm!

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

jade24  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    I'm fasting today too, only water so far, just about to have a cuppa. I see the book is only $11 on book depository atm!

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Wow, that's cheap. I might actually buy it, would be interesting to read the science behind it at the very least. Thanks!

Fasting today too, I've already had a banana and a coffee because I'm on my second day of fasting and needed some brain power to write my essay

Will have an apple for lunch and then salad and some grilled chicken for dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I almost bought it just now but then changed my mind lol. Mostly I want recipes and I can Google them.

To those who have the book (the basic book not the recipe book) are there many recipes in it? Is it worth buying?