+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 563
  1. #281
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,245
    Thanks
    2,512
    Thanked
    1,250
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Does anyone else pretty much stick to the exact same meal pan for fast days? I've done 4 so far and I always eat the same thing lol I think if my days were consecutive I'd get bored but it's yummy so I haven't yet thankfully! I always have nothing except water (and some fruit teas sometimes) until dinner then have:
    100g salad - 18kcal
    25g honey soy dressing - 37kcal
    113g whole potatoes - 68kcal
    About 130g grilled chicken - 140kcal

    Which comes out around 300kcal depending on the size of the chicken breast. Very filling as well! Plus means I can have a couple of squares of chocolate for the rest of my calories lol
    Last edited by LaDiDah; 15-10-2014 at 12:34.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

    Emeralddolly84  (16-10-2014)

  3. #282
    Gothel's Avatar
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Stressame Street
    Posts
    6,515
    Thanks
    2,368
    Thanked
    2,113
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks ladies It will be lovely to get and give support along the way as we watch those a$$es melt away

    I'm starting today but that's a bit of a cheat - I woke up really full because I ate too much yesterday ha ha! So its really just a practice day . So far I've had 300 cals and I'm saving 200 for dinner - roast chook and veggies.

    So who's next up for a fast day? And what's your favourite fast day recipe?

  4. #283
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,245
    Thanks
    2,512
    Thanked
    1,250
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I fast on Mondays and Thursdays :-) my only fast meal is the one I posted above ^^ lol

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

    Gothel  (15-10-2014)

  6. #284
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    Thanks ladies It will be lovely to get and give support along the way as we watch those a$$es melt away

    I'm starting today but that's a bit of a cheat - I woke up really full because I ate too much yesterday ha ha! So its really just a practice day . So far I've had 300 cals and I'm saving 200 for dinner - roast chook and veggies.

    So who's next up for a fast day? And what's your favourite fast day recipe?
    I'm fasting today. Have had an apple so far and will try to hold out til dinner.
    My favourite fast meal is zucchini noodles with a peanutty sauce worth 116 cals.
    I tend to drink heaps of green tea throughout fast days as well.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

    RenovatorMum  (15-10-2014)

  8. #285
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    344
    Thanks
    157
    Thanked
    240
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    Thank you just hoping it continues! Do people find they tend to plateau at any specific point so I can prepare myself?
    I did, when I was doing this a few months ago. Drop a few kgs easily, then got stuck at a certain weight for a while. Then start dropping again. Keep at it!

  9. #286
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    226
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked
    91
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    Lost another 1.4kg this week and haven't been able to do as much exercise due to shin splints. Loving this diet! Down to 79kg now :-)
    Yay well done!

    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    Thank you just hoping it continues! Do people find they tend to plateau at any specific point so I can prepare myself?
    I haven't found that yet but I am at the starting point - have only lost 1kg. I'm hoping it doesn't plateau for me anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by 3bubbys View Post
    Im also down another 700grams today, 2.5kgs total, 57.7 yippee!!
    Good on you! That's great.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    OK so I've had a read through and I think I will try this. If you gals don't mind me jumping into this thread I'd love the support! I don't want to buy the book, I'll get it out of the library when a copy comes free so... am I right in saying that I just eat less than 2000 cals 5 days a week and 500 cals the other two days?

    I saw Mosleys documentary about the fast diet earlier in the year and I like him, he's so enthusiastic isn't he?!
    Welcome! I was a late starter too I tend to stick to around 1500-1800cal on non fast days, and 500 obviously on fast days. I think my slow weight loss was due to the wine being drunk and not counted lol. I've now rectified my ways and stopped having a glass or two of wine with dinner. Boo.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    Does anyone else pretty much stick to the exact same meal pan for fast days? I've done 4 so far and I always eat the same thing lol I think if my days were consecutive I'd get bored but it's yummy so I haven't yet thankfully! I always have nothing except water (and some fruit teas sometimes) until dinner then have:
    100g salad - 18kcal
    25g honey soy dressing - 37kcal
    113g whole potatoes - 68kcal
    About 130g grilled chicken - 140kcal

    Which comes out around 300kcal depending on the size of the chicken breast. Very filling as well! Plus means I can have a couple of squares of chocolate for the rest of my calories lol
    I'm only on my 2nd week (I think) of fasting, so have mixed it up a bit with foods to see what I like and what suits. So far I like having some cruskits with tinned tuna, (lime and chilli) and that works out around 115 cal, then have a small dinner of grilled chicken or fish and lots of salad. It's pretty boring but it suits. I have a zoodle making machine, so looking for recipes for that!

    Quote Originally Posted by safam View Post
    I did, when I was doing this a few months ago. Drop a few kgs easily, then got stuck at a certain weight for a while. Then start dropping again. Keep at it!
    Did you keep at the diet when your weight stopped dropping? Or was is because you went off the diet?

    Hello to everyone else too. Fasting day for me tomorrow, should be ok as I'm busy and out of the house, so will see how I go. My fasting days are Tuesdays and Thursdays.
    What type of exercise is everyone doing if any? I'm doing resistance band workouts with cardio about 3 days per week. Need to tame the flab on my nanna arms!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to RenovatorMum For This Useful Post:

    Gothel  (15-10-2014)

  11. #287
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    226
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked
    91
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I'm fasting today. Have had an apple so far and will try to hold out til dinner.
    My favourite fast meal is zucchini noodles with a peanutty sauce worth 116 cals.
    I tend to drink heaps of green tea throughout fast days as well.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Would LOVE that recipe? I don't mind the zoodles

  12. #288
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    226
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked
    91
    Reviews
    0
    Oh I wanted to add that even though my weight loss is minimal, in the first week and a half, I've lost 3cm from my waist!
    I've been reading from other websites that they say don't be discouraged from little or no weightloss, as you may be losing cm instead.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to RenovatorMum For This Useful Post:

    Gothel  (15-10-2014)

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Adelaide SA
    Posts
    4,843
    Thanks
    716
    Thanked
    733
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I tend to eat soups for dinner on fast days.
    Home made minestrone - 2 cups works out at about 300cal.
    Pho is good. Lots of the Asian soups are just stick with lots of veg and a bit of protein. Watch out for noodles. They are high cal, unless you use very little.
    I also did the 12wbt a while ago, and a lot of the meals on that come in at about 300cal

  15. #290
    Gothel's Avatar
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Stressame Street
    Posts
    6,515
    Thanks
    2,368
    Thanked
    2,113
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I'm fasting today. Have had an apple so far and will try to hold out til dinner.
    My favourite fast meal is zucchini noodles with a peanutty sauce worth 116 cals.
    I tend to drink heaps of green tea throughout fast days as well.
    Really? OMG I don't know if I could go until dinner without eating So do you have the bulk of the 500 cals at dinner time? Do you feel OK during the day? Sorry if I sound surprised, I'm just a big guts who likes her food lol


 

Similar Threads

  1. Fasting for surgery advice please :)
    By alexis243 in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-08-2014, 19:14
  2. What was you GD diet?
    By catemer in forum Gestational Diabetes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-06-2014, 12:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Mini Maestros
Nurturing Confident Learners. Mini Maestros offers music classes for children 6 months to 5 years of age. It is the longest running and most successful Australian business of its kind.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!