+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    Is it not a good idea to leave it overnight though? I had some lemon pieces in water in the fridge and now it tastes a bit bitter?
    I'm not sure?? I just cut a few slices every morning as I'm making my breakfast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    On my fasting days (this is only my second one) I struggle to eat my full 500kcal. I can't snack through the day cause that makes me feel starving so I save eating for dinner time and I don't really want to be doing lots of snacking late at night. Is it a problem if I eat slightly under?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    On my fasting days (this is only my second one) I struggle to eat my full 500kcal. I can't snack through the day cause that makes me feel starving so I save eating for dinner time and I don't really want to be doing lots of snacking late at night. Is it a problem if I eat slightly under?
    Can you add some calories at dinner time or evening? You don't want your body to go into starvation mode, but I doubt it would if only 50 or so calories under.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    In the documentary the guy would eat far less than 500 kcal on fast days.
    Based on that I think you'd be fine

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (06-10-2014),LaDiDah  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You dont have to eat the 500 cals. You can do a complete fast if you prefer. They say you wont go into "starvation mode" as the next day you eat normally. Apparently it is when you severly limit calories for days on end (like most other diets) that you risk starvation mode. The book "the fast diet" is an interesting read and provides alot of background as to what happens to your body when you do intermittant fasting.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeaAndToast For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (06-10-2014),LaDiDah  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies :-) I tend to sit around the 400/450 mark and I definitely eat normally on other days! That's the whole motivation for me trying this diet - I can't do sustained calorie reduction lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    How'd everyone go over weekend? I'm fasting today, going to try and have only water till late afternoon then have an early dinner.
    I struggle to keep it under 500! So hence only water. On my fast days last week once I ate I wanted to keep going!

Who else is fasting today? My fasting days this week is today and Thursday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    Thanks ladies :-) I tend to sit around the 400/450 mark and I definitely eat normally on other days! That's the whole motivation for me trying this diet - I can't do sustained calorie reduction lol
    I agree. I think this diet regime is much more sustainable. I just hope it works!
    Weigh in on Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fasting day for me! Was supposed to be yesterday but I changed it for various reasons.

Having a coffee now for breakfast and then will just wing it today. Thinking fruit during the afternoon and maybe a sale with some chicken for dinner?

I'm finding it tough to eat all my calories on some feast days. Yesterday was bad because the kids were back at school so a massive chunk of my day is spent dropping them at school taking them to appointments etc. and I literally don't have time to eat. I call bull on people who say 'oh I lost weight so easy because I'm so busy caring for my baby!' Puke. I only reached 900 calories yesterday.

Anyone else finding the same?

ETA: Haha! I meant I'm having a SALAD for dinner, but a sale would be nice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Fast day here too after the long weekend away. I definitely need it!
    I've had a green tea and an apple for breakfast then I'm off to work after dropping the kids off.
    Will aim for a salad for dinner and maybe some fruit for late luch/afternoon tea if I'm feeling hungry.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app