+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 563
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Adelaide SA
    Posts
    4,843
    Thanks
    716
    Thanked
    733
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bubbys View Post
    Hi ladies, mind if I join in. I've been reading along and now been following the 5:2 diet for 2 weeks now and my weigh has gone up!!
    I started at 59.1 and this morning I'm over 60kgs. I'm really strict on fast days, I don't really calculate calories on feast days but don't generally go overboard.

    Can anyone think of why the scales would be going up?? I know I don't have much to lose but I didn't expect to gain weight

    Please help
    Have you started exercising as well?
    There is a link on the fast diet uk site talking about how exercise can mask weight or mass loss.
    Measure in cms instead and see how you go.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

    3bubbys  (01-10-2014)

  3. #152
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    551
    Thanks
    810
    Thanked
    175
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    Have you started exercising as well?
    There is a link on the fast diet uk site talking about how exercise can mask weight or mass loss.
    Measure in cms instead and see how you go.
    No I haven't been excercising, maybe I should. Thank you, I should take measurements bug I'm always so focused on the scales.

  4. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,378
    Thanks
    1,582
    Thanked
    2,608
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bubbys View Post
    Hi ladies, mind if I join in. I've been reading along and now been following the 5:2 diet for 2 weeks now and my weigh has gone up!!
    I started at 59.1 and this morning I'm over 60kgs. I'm really strict on fast days, I don't really calculate calories on feast days but don't generally go overboard.

    Can anyone think of why the scales would be going up?? I know I don't have much to lose but I didn't expect to gain weight

    Please help
    How much calories do you eat on non fasting days?

  5. #154
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    551
    Thanks
    810
    Thanked
    175
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    How much calories do you eat on non fasting days?
    I really have no idea, but I haven't been going crazy so I thought I'd be ok, maybe I'm eating too much.

  6. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,378
    Thanks
    1,582
    Thanked
    2,608
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bubbys View Post
    I really have no idea, but I haven't been going crazy so I thought I'd be ok, maybe I'm eating too much.
    No if you haven't go crazy bingy you'd be under your calorie requirement for the week.
    Were are you in your cycle? I put up to 2-2.5 kg worth of water before AF is due...!

  7. #156
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    551
    Thanks
    810
    Thanked
    175
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    No if you haven't go crazy bingy you'd be under your calorie requirement for the week.
    Were are you in your cycle? I put up to 2-2.5 kg worth of water before AF is due...!
    AF is due at the end of the week!

  8. #157
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,378
    Thanks
    1,582
    Thanked
    2,608
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bubbys View Post
    AF is due at the end of the week!
    Here you go!!
    Try and weigh again a few days after AF has arrived and you should get a pleasant surprise

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

    3bubbys  (01-10-2014)

  10. #158
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,451
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked
    2,224
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My doctor recommended this sort of but called it the HCG diet? Lol and said I needed nasal spray too.....

  11. #159
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,229
    Thanks
    761
    Thanked
    779
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    From a scientific point of view, is it bad if I go over by 60 calories.
    Ds1&2 just had fruit salad and I didn't want to waste the last bit.
    Also I still want to eat what I've planned for dinner (I've also reduced the amount!)

  12. #160
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    From a scientific point of view, is it bad if I go over by 60 calories.
    Ds1&2 just had fruit salad and I didn't want to waste the last bit.
    Also I still want to eat what I've planned for dinner (I've also reduced the amount!)
    I couldn't imagine so. It's only 60 cals so overall your calorie consumption will still be down for the week which is the concept this diet works on. It was fruit too, so healthy calories. I certainly wouldn't stress over it.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

    2BlueBirds  (01-10-2014)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Fasting for surgery advice please :)
    By alexis243 in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-08-2014, 18:14
  2. What was you GD diet?
    By catemer in forum Gestational Diabetes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-06-2014, 11:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Hills Swimming
Swim with your friends and you will all get a 33% discount!* We have programs to suit all ages and abilities, with small classes held in our warm indoor 25 metre pool. Highly qualified teachers, and award winning programs. *conditions apply
featured supporter
Hunter Women's Health Centre
Hunter Women’s Health Centre care for women of all ages, in the full spectrum of their gynaecologic and obstetric health.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!