+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fridays seems a popular day to fast. So far I have used 104 cal for breakfast for 100g of strawberries and 60g greek yoghurt. Lunch was a small pita bread with pizza sauce, grated carrot, baby spinach, tomato and 25g low fat grated cheese for 194 cal. Now what to do for dinner. I'm thinking cauliflower soup for 80 cal and then something a bit later tonight.
    Last edited by WiseOldOwl; 26-09-2014 at 14:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm fasting today too 😊 Was planning to yesterday but thought it would have been too hard with left over birthday cake in the fridge.
    So far today I have had a coffee which was 70 calories and that's it. Getting hungry now though so will make a tuna salad with lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, tomato and a little fat free French dressing which is 130cals. Then dinner tonight I'm making spag bol for the rest of the family so will just have the sauce (mince, tomatoes, garlic, onion, carrot, zucchini, spinach) and add some peas, corn and a little cheese to it. 260cals. Then sugar free jelly for dessert, 7cals

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by safam View Post
    Jade, we have the same weight loss! High five!
    I did this diet while breastfeeding, but I am a total dairy cow. Nothing ever diminishes my supply, there is always way more than they can drink. Which is both good and bad I guess!
    Congrats!! Fingers crossed it wasn't a fluke though!

Sounds like all you guys on a fasting day are doing pretty good - I'm loving the food inspiration. It's amazing what you can actually do with 500 calories.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi, my days like this: (I still have to eat most on the list)
    Cup a soup
    1 egg omelet + 6 cherry tomatoes (fried no oil in non stick pan). Will add salt!!
    1 smell bowl lettuce with a dash of balsamic
    1 carrot sliced and eat with 2 Tb hummus dip
    1 orange

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Well today I had a few wholegrain sakatas with a teeny tiny bit of hommus for lunch/afternoon snack.
    For dinner I've made some zoodles ( zucchini noodles with an asian flavoured sauce.. Apparently it's worth 116 cals but I added a carrot as well so that would have added a few cals.
    If I get a bit peckish later I will have some fruit and that will be it.
    Next fast day is Monday.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Made a tasty cauliflower soup for dinner. 80cals for 1&1/2 cups. Quite filling. If anyone is interested I used this recipe http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/d...soup-1-pt.html

I added 1Tbls of minced garlic from a jar and I used vegetable stock

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (27-09-2014),jade24  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The last couple of weeks my weight crept up 1kg, now after fasting yesterday I've lost it. I just have to be careful until next fast day which will be Wednesday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    The last couple of weeks my weight crept up 1kg, now after fasting yesterday I've lost it. I just have to be careful until next fast day which will be Wednesday.
    Great result! Happy feast day to all of you who were fasting yesterday

I know the plan says to eat normally the other five days (up 2000 calories) but I'm planning to try to and stay between 1200-1600. I was successful yesterday and even went out for lunch with DH and DS1 and then we had take away for dinner. I had Nando's paella and a piece of corn which was super filling and only about 400 calories all up.

I'm really worried about putting it all back on during my feast days though. Really have to step up and do some exercise I think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jade24 View Post
    Great result! Happy feast day to all of you who were fasting yesterday

I know the plan says to eat normally the other five days (up 2000 calories) but I'm planning to try to and stay between 1200-1600. I was successful yesterday and even went out for lunch with DH and DS1 and then we had take away for dinner. I had Nando's paella and a piece of corn which was super filling and only about 400 calories all up.

I'm really worried about putting it all back on during my feast days though. Really have to step up and do some exercise I think!
    I feel the same. This morning it's muesli, Greek yoghurt and a drizzle of honey for breakfast!
    I think the main reason to eat normally for the rest of the week is because your body might go into 'starvation mode' otherwise and make it harder to lose the weight, if that makes sense
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 27-09-2014 at 08:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I blew out my fast day yesterday. Was going so well and had only eaten about 200cals for the day, then 4pm Dp called and asked if we wanted to go out for dinner which he never does so we went. I had a light dinner but then had a few glasses of wine 😳

Weigh in day today and I'm still 300g down for the week so still happy. Haven't done measurements but pretty sure I would have lost some in my stomach as I don't feel so bloated. Next fast days are Monday and Wednesday