+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Glad you are getting it checked out op. I had a look at mine maybe 2 weeks Pp. I remember leaving the bathroom crying to DH that I was deformed . Yes everything did look much more open. It was an infection that I didn't get seen until 5 weeks pp. which meant it didn't real properly and then needed to be revised. Took me 5m to be able to dtd again, 12m for it not to be painful.

Second bubba due in 4 weeks and kinda terrified!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those of you ladies that had infections, were there any other symptoms? Or was it only noted at your appointment by your Dr?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hangingupsidedown View Post
    Those of you ladies that had infections, were there any other symptoms? Or was it only noted at your appointment by your Dr?
    I didn't have any other symptoms - but I was very lucky it was caught really early. The midwife wasn't going to check me out but I just wanted someone else to look! Make sure it was ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't notice any symptoms of my infection except an increase in pain. It got to the point where it hurt to sit down. I was still bleeding so
    Didn't notice the wound discharge and slight smell. Ugh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you generally need antibiotics to clear the infection? I'm really hoping this isn't the case with me as I almost always get thrush with antibiotics..i know this can be a major issue if it ends up in your nipples. Yikes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely doing the right thing getting it checked.
    ive had 6 babies all with episiotomy. With my third I was so swollen I popped a stitch. It was only a small gap and it did heal over.
    If this is your first baby things will look very very different! So what looks like a big opening may be very normal.
    Im 3 weeks post partum myself and still have a stitch hanging in there and keeping a close eye on things.
    Everything has worked fine for me after each baby, but seeing this is my last I am thinking of going to see a gynaecologist later on to see if I need any surgery.
    as you imagine after 6 episiotomies and five births where I tore as well, there's a lot of scar tissue.

So so sad that something so wonderful as birth can leave us so wounded!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

hangingupsidedown  (21-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hangingupsidedown View Post
    Do you generally need antibiotics to clear the infection? I'm really hoping this isn't the case with me as I almost always get thrush with antibiotics..i know this can be a major issue if it ends up in your nipples. Yikes.
    I was put straight on antibiotics. Have you ever tried taking probiotics when on antibiotics? I've been told it can help with thrush, but needs to be taken at least an hr after the antibiotic. Hopefully you won't need anything and it's all just ok down there!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Goosey01 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @darla87 I've just had my second baby - the first since I had my surgical repair. Surprisingly I didn't need an episiotomy and I tore in a totally different spot. It healed amazingly fast this time and wasn't anywhere near as painful 😀

Gosh our stories are so similar. I don't know if mine was infected but I could hardly sit down it was so painful. The repair was a dream in comparison.
    Last edited by Taiyed; 21-09-2014 at 12:44.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taiyed For This Useful Post:

darla87  (21-09-2014),hangingupsidedown  (21-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As PP said earlier I too had a similar issue post my 2nd 18mo ago. Birth was traumatic for bub and he came out with a black swollen head from position he was in, needless to say I wasn't in a good way either. I was stitched up but guessing it was hard to do due to the swelling etc as I was left much more gapey. I had incontinence issues and prolapses which I had surgically fixed a few months ago and whilst there I had the epi/perineum repaired- sooo glad I did, I wish I'd had it done earlier. Don't let them fob you off, you know what your "bits" should look/feel like. I had an epi with my first and it healed fine/quickly. Was very different 2nd time around.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep goosey01 I always take probiotics with antibiotics. It's hit and miss. It has worked at keeping thrush at bay sometimes. .I've actually started taking them now in case the Dr thinks I need antibiotics.

If I get thrush and it impacts feeding my dd I don't know if I'll cope...we have come so far with bf'ing..so I'm doing everything I can to prep my body just in case I need antibiotics.