+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there. It's been 11 wks since I had my bub and I had a forceps delivery with an episiotomy. Today I went to the doctor because I could see that part of where I was cut looked like it was open. The doc had a look and said that one of the stitches had come apart but the wound has started to heal from the inside with the help of estrogen cream. So it is healing but from the outside it doesn't look like it. The main thing is to make sure that you are keeping the area clean and after you shower to make sure you dry well (with a hair dryer).

I had a horrible time giving birth to my dd and my OB keeps reminding me that it was very traumatic and to give my body time to heal.

For your peace of mind, it couldn't hurt to see your gp at least.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mona424 For This Useful Post:

hangingupsidedown  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With my last delivery the stitches looking like they were coming undone was actually a sign of infection. It was much earlier than 4 weeks though. I didn't realise but I wanted them checked every time I saw someone! I was lucky it was caught early (antibiotics) and then everything healed properly (ie I didn't need surgery.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Goosey01 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a third degree tear from 4.5 kg baby episiotomy and forceps. Took me no joke 12 months to recover. Next baby was c section. Physio for 6 months on my bits.
    Do not wait. I had repeated infected stitches with repeated ABx with systemic thrush and gave it to baby in his mouth and bottom and my nipples etc. it was horrendous.
    Go to a good gynaecologist or obstetrician or GP or women's health physio this week. Pay and go private ASAP. Don't want to worry you but don't leave your poor vjayjay to heal on it's own. You want it to go back and heal as good as you can!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPRSH For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all, going to book in with the gp ASAP..just for my peace of mind...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hangingupsidedown For This Useful Post:

ElizaDoLittle  (17-09-2014),Taiyed  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hangingupsidedown View Post
    Thanks all, going to book in with the gp ASAP..just for my peace of mind...
    Yeah it really can't hurt to get it checked out early. Fingers crossed it's all ok - but I also wanted to reassure you that the surgical repair I had was fine... If you end up on that path.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go? Hope it's all ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope it's ok. I was always too scared to look down there but mine took 12 weeks to heal so give it time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the concern and follow up ladies. I could only get an appointment next week so will know a few days. Hopefully all is okay..

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm glad I saw this thread. I am 4 days PP and the midwife came over today. She said my stitches had come undone. The top and bottom ones were fine but the ones in the middle weren't. we went through all the hygiene stuff but she said they won't restitch because if it didn't work the first time it won't work the second time. but that with the top and bottom ones in place healing will happen.
    I had an episiotomy, no forceps and no tearing.
    The midwife is coming back again on monday but I doubt she'll say anything different. I'm not sure if i should call my Ob (although he's really laid back and will probably not want to see it) or just leave it and see what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    See the doctor. I made the mistake of waiting to see what happened. Next thing you know I needed a 'reconstruction', I thought it was all normal.