+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tell your DH that he only turns 4 once. xx

The only other thing I'm contemplating is a comic book subscription but think I might wait until next year.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (16-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I buy one "big" present and then a few other small things. All up in would spend $100-120 for each kid. The amount we spend on their birthday parties is also taken into account. This year DD2 is turning 8 and we are only having a few of her friends join us for mini golf and morning tea so the expenditure this year is very low so we will spend more on her bday presents.
    Last edited by danik; 17-09-2014 at 00:28.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to danik For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just the one present. The kids get overwhelmed by pressies from family and friends.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Elijahs mum, last year, we took our boys to the Monster Trucks for DS1's birthday- it was absolutely fabulous- pure entertainment and the whole event was so well done. Enjoy your son's birthday It's a very exciting time.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't have a set amount- quantity or $. It really depends on what I think he'd like and how rich I am at the time.

One year, I bought him an ipad plus clothes, books and so on. He has a party every year as well. This year, money is tight and he really wanted his friends to come over and a holiday, so that's what he's having. A birthday party and a holiday- there'll be no actual wrapped birthday presents from me this year.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The general rule of thumb here is they get one special activity from us that's a family day out (like a trip to a theme park, the zoo, tickets to a show that's on close to their birthday etc.) and then something very small from us just so they have a present to open on the day (spend less than $20 and it's not a toy). Then they get one present from their siblings.
    Last year my oldest got a really good bike (we are a family of bike riders) and so that came from everyone except my parents....so she get three presents in total that year.
    All my kids will be in school next year and I have found that once they hit school age they tend to play with their toys less and less. We have drastically reduced the amount of toys in the house, and the kids don't miss the toys we got rid of at all.
    My kids love getting to do a special activity for their birthday, and they have a few friends who's parents have adopted this idea, because essentially you just run out of stuff to buy them and you get sick of storing toys they played with for 5 minutes and then lost interest.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (17-09-2014),SheWarrior  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    For DS1's birthday last year (he turned 4) we gave him Iron Man. He got heaps of presents from family too which I know happens every year so I was trying not to buy too much.

This year he will get more because we can afford more and I've laybyed too many things to put away all of them for Christmas.

"Insert witty signature here"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    Hi Elijahs mum, last year, we took our boys to the Monster Trucks for DS1's birthday- it was absolutely fabulous- pure entertainment and the whole event was so well done. Enjoy your son's birthday It's a very exciting time.
    Oh that's great ! I'm not sure who's more excited - DS or DH ! They are having a. " boys " night with our BIL and nephew so I'm sure they will have a great time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't really have set rules in terms of how many gifts or how much we spend so it varies. DD turns nine in just over a week (nine!!) and I've spent about $160 all up on a nerf rebelle crossbow, a book, some bling, a dress and headband, some body shop stuff, a picture for her room and an iTunes voucher.
    Enjoy your DH's b'day, I'm sure he'll have a fabulous time!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We don't go all out with the presents for DS at his birthdays to be honest.

His birthday is in early Feb, so we are still getting over the enormous amount of presents he receives at Xmas (mostly from grandparents who go completely overboard!).

Last year he got a light sabre ($50) and two custom t-shirts (about $50).

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post: