+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Refusing to get dressed!

My 2yr old DD has just started refusing to get dressed in the mornings. I've tried distracting her, bribing, time out - nothing has worked! If I try to dress her she screams and ends uo throwing a huge tantrum. I know this is probably normal for this age but unfortunately I don't have time to mess around as I have to be out of the house at a certain time.

Does anyone have any suggestion? Send her to daycare in her pyjamas? lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do you let her choose her own clothes? Or choose from a selection?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Put her to bed in her day care clothes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always let her choose (within reason) and she seems very enthusiastic but then finds something better to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2.5 year old was like this and reading your post made me realise she has stopped doing it and gets dressed no issues so it must be a phase!

I used to say, it's time to get dressed, do you want to do it yourself or will I help you? If she said she wanted to do it but faffed around I would remind her once of her choice then I would start dressing her (cue tantrum but she made her choice)
    and try When/then
    i.e. When you get dressed we will be able to play for 5 minutes.

It's such a pain though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've sent my son to daycare in pjs some mornings cause it's just too much . They understand and help .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've had to let my 2 year old (3 in Oct) choose her own outfits. I had such huge dramas when I tried to choose for her. I do insist that she wears a jumper if it's cold but it's the jumper of her choice.

Mornings are so much smoother now! She may look a bit odd some days with mismatching colours and combinations, but I don't care, as long as she's happy. She even fully dresses herself now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. Dd goes to bed in her daycare clothes or to daycare in her jamas. I don't have the time for wrestling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    With my toddler I repeat a short list of steps so he knows that the boring task of putting clothes on isn't the end of the road... Eg "ds1, teeth, clothes, potty, peppa." Repeat it about 4 times and he starts to get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD's go to bed in their clothes alot of the time for this reason and it's so much easier in the mornings. Sometimes my 6 yr old DD will go to bed in her school uniform, she's actually pretty good at getting dressed these days but sometimes too tired at night and just falls asleep in them. My 5 year old usually goes to bed in her clothes more often than not as she's impossible to get dressed in the mornings, getting her shoes on is struggle enough.