+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Where do you get your toddler bedding/linen from?

DS is fast approaching a 'big bed' upgrade. We're looking at getting a toddler bed from ikea & will probably grab some plain coloured fitted sheets & matress protectors at the same time as I understand ikea sizing is different to most. Anyone have experience with this?

Will then need to get a doona (do I just buy regular single size? Wool, cotton, other? And from where?) and doona cover/s. Any suggestions on nice kids linen sets...they either seem to be cheap, poor quality, limited colours OR very expensive - where are the in between ranges sold? Trying to achieve the right balance between quality/cost

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Our toddler bed took the same sheets as the cot (as the side came off) so I was just using the same linen.

Just upgraded DS1 to a king single and I bought some good quality sheets on sale from lincraft online. I bought him a comforter from Kmart and one from big w, as he wiggles a lot and I was worried he would get caught inbetween doona and cover. The comforters are a nice weight, bright patterns, and wash well. Came with a matching pillow case and weren't too expensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Pillow talk has gorgeous kids linen too. Sorry I can't help with the ikea sizing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We just transferred our ds into a big boy bed. I purchased some manchester from harvey norman(they were having 50% off alot of styles). Spotlight had a good range of colours(fitted sheets) and pretty good quality. I got the Koo brand!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cotton Box

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cotton on kids has cute stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got all our bed linen, doona, pillow, mattress protector.....everything was from kmart. They have been fantastic.
    Found a few spare doona covers and plain fitted sheets in the op shop for $2-3 each. (Good for bed wetting/sick kids to have spares).
    We got her solid timer bed off eBay for $50 with new mattress.

Dd can buy her own expensive linen when she can afford it herself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've just been through the big boy bed upgrade with my DS, though he went into a king single.

I still need to get more linen to have as spares, but I got the sheets at Big W, doona cover from Target and the doona itself from Kmart.

The doona is an all seasons one and it was only about $20. I'll probably get a better quality one down the track, but I just wanted something that could be easily machine washed.

Target will have toddler bed sized sheets. Hopefully they'll fit the Ikea bed you're looking at.

Pillow Talk and Cotton Box both have cute kids stuff, though a lot of it is on the expensive side IMO. I wouldn't pay in excess of $100 for a kids quilt cover.