+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There is no ideal or not ideal that is the same for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would take 5 days. My bub is hitting the super annoying age and I'm so glad he is in full time care. Work is a holiday

To me it depends when is the 5th day too. If it's a Friday Id keep him in care so that I can do all the errands and prepare for a relaxing wks with dad and nothing else to do but enjoy family life.

If it was a Wednesday though I might spend the day with bub and do activities together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    4 days. I would imagine your DD would love the day home with you rather than another full day in care, despite how nice it would be to have the day to yourself. She will be at school soon enough, you can have days off then.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GingerKat For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (16-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would go 5 days- that 5th day would be my clean and errand day so then my weekends could be spent entirely as a family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you'd hit the CCR cap too quickly. By my calculations it really only cover up to 3-4 days long day care, then you'd have to pay full fees for part of the financial year. For this reason I won't return to my job after I have my second, it's just too expensive! I'd keep her home for the 5th day for this and also to spend some time with her

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd keep her home for the 5th day. What a long week for her!
    I would think she'd love nothing better than to relax at home with her mum.
    i have my "me time" and do chores after kids are in bed of an evening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Some kids cope more than fine being in care full time

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

kw123  (16-09-2014),peanutmonkey  (16-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, some kids might cope with full time day care. But I would think that generally people would not choose to put their kids in full time care unless they had to work full time.

To answer the OP, no I would not. But I don't have a problem with taking my kids on errands with me, or doing the housework while they are around. I don't personally think that the only quality time is time spent doing kid activities, but any activities of daily living is time well spent with my kids.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

GingerKat  (16-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I think if the OP wants to have that day to themselves, then who is anyone else to judge. After how often I've had to argue on the hub that a SAHM deserves a day to themselves by putting their child in care for a break, so does a working mother!

Only the OP can decide whats right for her and her child, and she knows her child best.

The only part I'd personally worry about is reaching the CCR limit sooner meaning having a greater our of pocket expense.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't. Id use that day to do fun things with the kids ie library, playgroup, painting etc.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.