+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Trying to conceive

Hey all,
    Sharon here. New to bubhub and looking for some advice.

My partner and I have decided we would like to start our family and would love some help. I have been off the pill for a little on 5 weeks and we have been having unprotected sex since we got together. During the last 5 weeks we have been doing alot to help us try to conceive. I have been reading alot of confusing information also.

I've learnt new things like implantation bleeding and the actual accuracy of pregnancy tests depending on the time of taking them.

I have an ovulation app on my phone that has been assisting me in regards to when I was due for my period and when I am ovulating and such. Now, I have been tracking all of that regularly and I noticed when I was due for my period I didn't get the normal cramping like I usually do. They're pretty consistent, i'll cramp for a day before hand and the first few days but then the cramps go. I was due on the 9th/10th and noticed they didnt arrive.

by the 11th (thursday) i was a little excited, although not getting my hopes up because it was still early. I noticed some light spotting in the afternoon, nothing heavy like a regular period I experience. I thought even though it was light it was my period. The spotting lasted till yesterday, sunday and now it has stopped. I have also been extremely tired and really nauseaus in the morning and after I eat. My question to the bubhub community is could I be pregnant? I took a pregnancy test on the tuesday before my period because i had been more tired than normal and experiencing nausea which I never do unless I am really sick. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have a little miracle growing inside me and that the test was just too early to get a proper reading. I will definately be off to the doctors if I keep feeling like this.

ANy input for now would be great (

Thanks
    Reviews
    bumping this up for you - have you done another test yet?

It is not unusual for cycles to be a bit irregular when you come off contraception. The late period and spotting could be that.
    I personally would assume that was my period and I don't think it's very likely to get nausea so early but I am not 100% on that.

If you don't know when you ov (temping/opk)you may not know when to test/when period is late. Apps alone aren't 100% accurate.
    Last edited by ponypal; 16-09-2014 at 17:40. Reason: re read the OP

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ponypal For This Useful Post:

SharonV  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was on the pill for ten years before I fell pregnant with my DS. I was off it for two months before TTC. It became clear I was on a 35 day cycle rather than the usual 28 day when I came off it. Also, all signs my period was due stopped when I came off the pill, whereas previously I was getting cramps and headaches. My point is that you haven't been off it for very long and you may need to get used to your new cycle, whatever that may be! Or you could be pregnant and ovulating later than you think

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

SharonV  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies guys.
    Ponypal I only use the app as a guideline, I wish it was 110% accurate.

I havent been on the pill for long at all and when previously stopping late last year everything was completely normal and I could easily tell when i was getting my period. Same as other times ive come off the pill also.

Anyway, today was another day of feeling off. I havent been able to pinpoint anything in particular that may bring on the nausea, been eating healthy and havent had any off foods or nothing out of the ordinary. I am booking a doc appointment when I get time off work hopefully next week, in the mean time i'll try nd sit tight and keep my fingers crossed
    thanks again <3