+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was in a gown and crop top gown kept falling off so flung it off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gown that was perpetually gaping with my first.

Leggings and oversized Tshirt with second. They came off when waters broke and I got in shower...so, starkers. Couldn't be bothered with clothes by this stage!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just bought a second-hand nightie for labour, as I expected it to be most likely unwearable after that occasion anyhow. I ended up only wearing it for about half an hour, as I spent most of the labour in the bath, and remained naked for the rest of it. Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both times I was in an old tshirt of DH's. I was induced first time around and things got intense very quickly so I was in the shower from early on. Therefore, naked for 90% of the labour. With DD I still had the shirt on when she decided to hurriedly arrive, and I had to peel it off very quickly and ungracefully for skin to skin contact.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    First I went in normal maternity clothes and stripped off naked pretty quickly.

Second I went in with a way too small, pre pg top and the oldest track pants I could find which were covered in paint (so damn attractive!). These sexy beast of clothes stayed on the longest, but I distinctively remember being down to my bra and undies at 7cm, when I declared that the undies had to come off, and ripped them down in a hurry....the bra managed to stay on.

Third I wore a pregnancy singlet top and a pair of gym tights, and then just got naked.

I've never heard of a birthing gown in my life.
    The midwife had to pull my undies off in a hurry otherwise they'd have ended up on DS's head!! And yeah, what exactly is a "birthing gown" anyway? How is it different to just a nightie?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

Full House  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    The midwife had to pull my undies off in a hurry otherwise they'd have ended up on DS's head!! And yeah, what exactly is a "birthing gown" anyway? How is it different to just a nightie?
    It's essentially a dressing gown that wraps around so it's a dress. I remember I could wear it around and nothing was showing it just looked like a dress. I can't really remember how it works. It's designed to be easy access but give you a bit of dignity- how funny! I can't remember but I paid over $50 for it lol.

Destroyed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My birth with my second was so quick that I only just got my trackies off in time as I got into the birthing suite. I birthed her wearing a maternity t-shirt that I was wearing that day, she was born just 15 minutes after I got in the birthing suite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I arrived in a singlet and pj pants and they came off pretty quick, there were so many cords and monitors clothes would have just got in the way..

Thanks
    Reviews
    At home and when I arrived at hospital I just wore whatever I was dressed in that Day but then got in shower and then birth pool for births so was naked. Both births at birthcentre so didn't need to cover up at all. I think I took my comfy dressing gown for after the second time.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    As I wrote before - I had all the best intentions. Went to hospital in trackies and maternity top last night. Changed into night shirt in the birthing suite. Took everything off for the epidural and stayed that way!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (17-09-2014)