+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Did you wear a birthing gown? What did you wear/will you wear for labour?

Or did you just wear what the hospital gave you? Or plan to?

I am looking at different birthing gowns and for a once off thing they're quite pricey.

But this time i want to be as comfortable as possible. So i am having trouble deciding.

I never got a chance to organise anything like this first time round as DS came 8 weeks early. I currently have just 8 weeks to go this time round and can't believe i have left it till now again! But anyhoo.

With DS i labored in a maxi dress as it was summer and I had nothing else comfortable organised. They didn't give me a hospital nightie until I was ready to start pushing... then after birth I sent DH out to get me a proper nightie... and he came back with a tight figure hugging hot pink teeny bopper thing with a massive cow picture on the front! Was horrendous, i never want to send him out to nightie shop for me ever again!! I felt like such a tart LOL.

Anyways please let me know what you did or plan to do to help me decide. Thanks so much!!
    Last edited by Serenity Love; 15-09-2014 at 22:15.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've got a night shirt to wear during labour. I bought it at the same time as i bought matching pyjamas and matching dressing gown for the hospital. I know they say to wear something you'll just throw out but I don't have any big old tshirts or night shirts so had to get something.
    I picked a knee length night shirt in case I get hot but also easy to pull off if I want to get in the shower or pull up to push - well that's the plan anyway!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (15-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    I've got a night shirt to wear during labour. I bought it at the same time as i bought matching pyjamas and matching dressing gown for the hospital. I know they say to wear something you'll just throw out but I don't have any big old tshirts or night shirts so had to get something.
    I picked a knee length night shirt in case I get hot but also easy to pull off if I want to get in the shower or pull up to push - well that's the plan anyway!
    Im looking up night shirts now... did you get one with long sleeves or short? I can only seem to see long sleeved ones mainly... and im worried ill get hot! Hmm...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! I bought a cute pink betty boop nighty that I wore in labour at hospital both with ds and dd :-)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (15-09-2014)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wore a cheap *** cotton night shirt/dress which had 'can we discuss this later' printed across the front.

It was easy to birth in and easy to whip off for that first feed, but also easy to pull back on for the walk to the shower :-)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

GM01  (15-09-2014),Serenity Love  (15-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah im wanting something that will give baby easy access if she wants to latch once she's born.

I think I am realising that spending a bit of money on something is a silly idea. Sounds like cheap and disposable but comfy is the way to go.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (15-09-2014)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yup mine has long sleeves - i was thinking I might need them but the longer this pregnancy takes, the less inclined i'll be to have long sleeves I think!
    I really struggled to find anything I wanted to wear.
    I know how stupid that sounds, but i'm a big girl and the only nightie options for me here in Aus (Myer etc) were nannna nighties. I just felt hideous looking at them!
    Anyway I was looking around Nordstrom online during one of their sales and found Ralph Lauren sleepwear on sale so I got one kind of like this one - but in black
    http://clothesd.kphotd.com/9ZYXxrEBU...line-only.html

and then found dressing gown and pyjamas to match - all on sale. I was pretty happy with that!

Coming into spring I would think more options with short sleeves or even singlet top styles would be more popular

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (16-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a night dress thing from kmart, it was like a large singlet shirt dress. Anyway it was cheap and comfy enough.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CLEO26 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wore a t-shirt dress from Kmart, cost $5. I planned on throwing it away after the birth. It was cotton and about 3 sizes too big so it was really comfy.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Koarlo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an old knee length dress that I'd bought in Bali on while in labour - I didn't think too much about it when I put it on to go to hospital, I'd just soaked through 3 sets of clothes through the day after my waters had broken!
    When I went into the delivery suite they asked me if I wanted to change, took my dress off for me & put a hospital gown on me to birth in. Provided enough coverage & just slipped down for first feed.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post: