+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Congrats Frenchie!!!! Didn't know you were pregnant.

Yes I left the Women's after 23 hours. They did let my DH stay overnight in my double bed though (private room) which was a lifesaver.
    Thats the French Holliday effect. A wine and cheese baby lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did shared care with my gp (public)
    Still went in to see a midwife at 14w and 36w
    I saw no difference at all in care.
    Bp, fundal height checks, Doppler.
    Went to give birth at public hospital.
    Not in birthing suite with the baths
    Who ever was on at the time helped me push, then had a baby.
    Last edited by Kazza78; 16-09-2014 at 11:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    I wonder how I could get some feedback of women that used case load. It sounds very appealing
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

This pregnancy is the third time I am using the caseload mode of care through our local public hospital. I can't rave enough about it. Our MW has already delivered two of our children, and we have gotten to know each other a bit, and developed a good understanding of our needs. I very rarely have to wait long for appointments, I think the longest wait was 30mins. Our MW has always taken the time, and care, to ensure I am comfortable with whatever is happening. Last pregnancy I was transferred out of our hospital (low risk to a higher risk due to an unforeseeable complication), and she came along to the other hospital with us, and still delivered DS3. She is amazing.

This time around, we are planning a homebirth (publicly funded homebirth program), and our MW has been awesome once again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LlamaMa For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (16-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I'm currently going through caseload (COSMOS program) at RWH (37 weeks today!) I'd recommend it. It's been great getting to know my primary midwife. I've met one of her backups and my next appointment is with the other backup midwife. I do clinic appointments on a set day which is allocated to you via your "team" which is based on where you live. My first midwife appt before caseload I waited a while (maybe an hour). My first Ob appt I waited 2 hours. It was apparently a bad day. Since I've been in caseload I think my waiting times have been like 5min max. I even got in early for my last mid appt and my last ob appt I didn't even have time to open my book before I was called.
    I've also been really impressed with how my and the midwives philosophies around birth align. I've just written my birth preferences but my midwife does pretty much all of it routinely. If you are up for a straightforward low intervention personalised birth, then I'd say go for caseload. I'm really looking forward to my birth (I may be a freak of nature.....)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Snowman For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (16-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks mrs snowman! Not a freak of nature, I was really looking fwd to birthing #1 and it was a good moment.

I can't wait to do it all again.

Can you have your caseload appointments outside of the 9-5 hours? Or even on a wkd? I'm a little concerned with the wait in hospital but it seems that the only bad waiting time are with the OBs anyway...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure about the appointment times outside 9-5. Pre maternity leave I was a shift worker so I never really pay attention to stuff like that. If I need Tuesday afternoon off I just work a different shift. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask. I had a booking in appointment first (about 19/40) where the midwife and I discussed care options. That's when I was referred to caseload. The wait times haven't really been an issue. As I said, first midwife and ob appointments were long waits, but every appointment since has been on time. I guess it's just the nature of health care though. You don't know what's going to happen next!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Snowman For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks Mrs Snowman

I talk to the RWH and they said that because they were a public hospital, appointments were 9-5 with the latest at 4pm.

In the meantime I kept calling all the PHI and finally succeeded in getting them to shave 2 wks of the 12 mths waiting period. Which means I am now covered to go private (just!).

Im so relieved as it was my first choice but just couldn't have it...