+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I had a bi of 49 to 52 with my middle kids. They want be to gain as little as possible. They Prefered I didn't lose any after the 2nd trimester.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    Tamz, I have the same bmi and was told that a gain of 8-10kgs was acceptable. Guess all hospitals/obs are different though. 5kgs does seem a little unreasonable to me though. If you think about it, the baby will weigh 3-4kgs and then there is the placenta, your uterus, extra fluid. Don't feel bad if you gain more than 5kgs.
    I am not too stressed about gaining too much TBH. the MW that told me that I could only gain 5kg was a ***** and also told me I shouldn't take the lift when going to antenatal classes because I clearly need the exercise of using the stairs! I am not seeing her anymore thankfully because I got diagnosed with GD and see the ob now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For my first my OB wanted me to maintain my weight, as in as baby puts on weight I loose weight, I ended up putting on 12kg... He was fine with this, could see I was working hard. This pregnancy he's just been happy to compare me to last pregnancy as her knows my body can cope with that, I'm 36 weeks today & gave only gained 8kg so far, I've not had much of an appetite this time round... Remember your baby will get the nutrition from what you eat first so you are not harming your baby eating healthy & trying to maintain or loose weight, think of all those that have MS throughout their pregnancies... Just look after yourself, take your vitamins & you'll be fine, common sense goes a long way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    How are you going OP? I just wanted to share a little more. I managed to only put on around 5kgs and had my DD. I'm now down almost 10kgs and I'm lighter than I was when I got pregnant. Hope you are travelling well and have lots of support xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I ended up putting 10kg with my 2nd pregnancy, DD is 2.5weeks old, I lost all 10kg within 5 days of giving birth :-)