+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Have you had vaginal prolapse ?

Last edited by Mmumm; 22-06-2016 at 21:06.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    Just over a year later and im pleased to say all is great. No complications, pain, infections or anything. Ive joined a roller derby team, so pretty high impact sport, and no dramas what so ever.
    The sling is holding the urethra up rather than the mesh that holds the entire bladder up. Not sure though if a more advanced prolapse would require a mesh rather than a sling.
    It was literally the best thing i ever did...i would do it again in a heart beat. I got my life back. Like i mentioned in my other thread, i couldnt even walk briskly without peeing myself. I was like an 80 year old woman and i was only 29!! I hope this answers your questions. If you wana know anything else just ask!
    That's an awesome outcome for you! Roller Derby eh? Sounds like you're making up for lost time Thanks for the pic, it makes total sense. I guess the mesh is needed for that extra support. I'm so glad it's all worked so well for you

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmumm View Post
    I'm not sure my surgery was as successful as i'd hoped I may need a bladder sling afterall. I'm still seeing a physio and doing electro therapy but still leaking. Heaviness gone which is great but I had a 3mo post up appt and surgeon said to give it 6 months and if no further progress to go back.
    I feel sooo much better post the repair surgery but was looking forward to days at the beach over summer, that just isn't possible when wearing a pad/liner
    It's not dignified at all huh. Physio spends more time than DH down there ha!
    Oh no that sucks you poor thing! Isn't it awful how they send you away and tell you to come back in 3 or 6 months time? No just &*€$#ing fix it NOW goddamit! So do you go back in 3 or 6 months?

I'm a bit confused by my surgeons response. At first he said its not bad enough for surgery and I went home with a plan to work on the pfm's. But over the weekend I just thought dammit I don't want to put up with this for months and then possibly have to have surgery anyway so I rang him and he said he'll operate if I want :/ So it's basically up to me! I guess it comes down to whether we can live with it or not. Do you think you would push for surgery @Mmumm or just wait and see? I don't know what to do!

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by Mmumm; 25-04-2015 at 21:09.

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by Mmumm; 25-04-2015 at 21:09.