+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do you think its ok NOT to be in the pool with my 2.5 yr old? Two places I called said that I didn't have to (there would only be 3 children in the class (max4) and a platform for them to sit on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Do you think its ok NOT to be in the pool with my 2.5 yr old? Two places I called said that I didn't have to (there would only be 3 children in the class (max4) and a platform for them to sit on.
    Absolutely at that age yes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry, maybe my question was not clear.
    Do you think yes that I be in the pool?
    Paul Sadler said I'll have to be until their 3yrs old
    Elite and Windy Hill said they'll be on their own (around 3 in the group and they'll sit on the platforms inbetween turns).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    I think it is absolutely fine for you to not be in the pool with a child that age in a group that small..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah great!
    I thought you meant absolutely yes that I be in the pool too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @2BlueBirds ultimately it depends on what you're comfortable with. I know my kids and what would work for us. Dd1 and DS would have been completely fine at that age however absolutely not for dd2. She needed someone in the pool until she was much older (because if her anxiety not her swimming ability).

If you think your son will be fine then go for it. I always sit close by (to the extent I do lessons as it's largely dh's domain).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have had DS1 and DS2 (6 & 4) in structured lessons for 12 months. Though both had a fair bit of confidence in the water, this has helped a lot. We do water play and familiarisation with DS3 (2) while they have their lessons. He will go into structured lessons when he is 3.

We go to our local public pool, which is run by the YMCA, and lessons are around $15 each. Under 3, a parent has to be in the pool with child, which is why DS3 won't be in lessons until 3 as we can't guarantee that DF can be there every week, and will have a newborn in November. We pay fortnightly, year round, and that gives them access to the pool any time, and on swimming lesson days, we all go in for free. Lessons aren't run in school holidays, but we still go swimming with the kids.