+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    21 months between my two and despite being freaked out it's been wonderful. The house is messier, there's more washing, it's busier, but DS2 just slotted in and I love it.

I do find that it's much slower getting out and about, with two to organise, but it's not bad.

It will be great! I'm even feeling pretty good about going back to work soon and having to juggle the childcare run with two.

Me, he and our two boys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine are just short of 11 mths apart (14/8 and 9/7). Yep you read that right, 11mths!!!

Although I am on mat leave, I often have days when I am flat out racing from bub to bub with feeds, nappies, putting down for naps, getting them up, appointments, baby errands etc etc! It gets to 7pm and I am exhausted and finally get 30mins to myself.... That is when I think of my job and how nice it was to have uninterrupted bathroom time, be able to drink a hot coffee, make a phone call without sounding like there are wild chimps in the background, wear normal clothing and do my hair.

I wouldn't change a single element of my days now, although I will enjoy going back to work too. I am undecided as to whether I will remain full time or drop a day or two until they are school age. We are planning a 3rd which could just make 3 under 3 if things happen as soon as they have previously.

I think that you will find that work days and home days both have their exhausting components and enjoyable times. At least with home days you might not feel so physically beaten as your work days but you will have days that you are mentally exhausted lol. Days like those it is best to put both kids in the pram, go for a stroll and have some 'you time' while they nap in the pram!!! No matter how rough your morning or day is, looking your two cute sleeping kids in a pram helps to melt the stress away instantly.
    Last edited by Que Sera; 15-09-2014 at 13:39. Reason: Miscount

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    22mth gap. It was horrible adjusting. Very needy strog willed toddler and an insomniac bub!
    BUT!.... They got older and it was a bit better.
    they love each others company. They entertain each other.
    its kinda like having twins...
    Hmmmm...I have twins. Only twins is like having twins!!

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NAT2561 For This Useful Post:

duck07  (21-09-2014),PrincessPud  (21-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    :d

Quote Originally Posted by nat2561 View Post
    hmmmm...i have twins. Only twins is like having twins!! :d

sent from my gt-s7500t using the bub hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I don't mean to be a party pooper but 2 under 2.... F @rk that will be bloody hard. You will have things like toilet training, big beds and tantrums to deal with at the same time as having a newborn. My boys are just over 2 years apart and it's been hard. It's taken me 6 months to get on top of things after bub. I think those who say it's a breeze are special mums and in the minority.

I hope your bub is easy.

My advice: get in a routine early on but don't stress if things aren't perfect. Oh and keep your toddler in daycare at least 2 days per week, more at the start while bub is a newborn!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (15-09-2014),chickenfoot83  (15-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really depends on you and your kids. I found my 25 month old and a newbie quite easy.

Then fast forward to 3.5 year old and 18 month old - hardest time of my life!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I think it also depends on the personality of your children. I would hate to have a newborn now that my DS1 is almost three. He has been toilet training for the past month and it's been a breeze because DS2 is 12 months old, rather than a newbie attached to me all the time. And the tanties and stubborness! Oh my goodness. It would be so much harder if DS2 was tiny.

And I am not a super mum by any means... DS1 watched a lot of ABC and DS2 spent a lot of time in his swing.

All I heard from friends, family and even professionals was how hard 2 under 2 would be. I like to share the positive stories to try and balance the horror stories.

Sent from my XT925 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine are 22 months apart and I'm finding baby + toddler a lot easier than pregnant + toddler. I was so utterly drained for the last trimester and the hormones made my patience practically non existent! I found that really rough with my rowdy girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I don't mean to be a party pooper but 2 under 2.... F @rk that will be bloody hard. You will have things like toilet training, big beds and tantrums to deal with at the same time as having a newborn. My boys are just over 2 years apart and it's been hard. It's taken me 6 months to get on top of things after bub. I think those who say it's a breeze are special mums and in the minority.

I hope your bub is easy.

My advice: get in a routine early on but don't stress if things aren't perfect. Oh and keep your toddler in daycare at least 2 days per week, more at the start while bub is a newborn!
    I think they say it's a breeze because by the time your asking it's generally too late to change anything lol.

I was worried about having a 17 month age gap between my boys and asked loads of people and I reckon 9 out of 10 said how great it is. Eeeekkkk my DS2 is now 16 months and I am still struggling. Plus I have my older DD as well. DS1 is a high maintenance kid, but by the time I knew that, I was well ask truly pregnant with DS2.

I co slept with both boys until a week ago, my DS1 FINALLY sleeps in his bed in his own room now. I didn't have the patience/energy/time to tackle sleeping routines. He has really struggled with not having the one on one attention that my DD had for so long. There's 3 years 2 month gap between DD and DS1. Soooo much easier! She was in 3yr old kinder two days a week and she was just that bit older and more independent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

I hope your bub is easy.

Woohoo I'm special and in a minority. thanks VP

But in all honesty the initial few days/weeks are challenging but it improves quickly. I didnt care how much my baby sleeps or where they sleep. Both my kids slept in the carrier or pram for the first six months. I don't sleep train or time feeds or stretch feeds. If bub squarks I pop out a boob. I boob to sleep, boob to quiet them, boob for everything. The only thing I insisted on was the midday sleep for all of us in my bed. Consequently I didn't find it hard juggling my two with dh away all the time.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (15-09-2014),peanutmonkey  (15-09-2014),Starfish30  (15-09-2014)