+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    Get ready to hold on to your seats parents of the 21st century...

When I was a kid, you wanna know what I did? Really? Are you sitting down? Okay, here it goes...

I used to play completely and utterly unsupervised at the lake that was just 5 minutes walk from my house I would spend from after breakfast until dinner time, at the lake, some times my dogs would follow me down, other times not. There were no other people around. Just me and a large body of unfenced lake

Sometimes, I would even pop my gumboots on and when the lake was high, I would wade in the water and play on my little 'island' which was naturally, surrounded by water.

AND y'know what else? Sometimes, I used to swim at the lake. all on my own Shocking stuff eh?

And, if I wasn't at the lake, I was trawling the bushland at the back of our house. With Tassie devils, wombats, echidnas, ticks, leeches and, in summer...snakes

And lastly, I was often found just walking around or riding my bike with the dogs following me, exploring, for hours at a time. I would do these things in the sun, in the rain, even in knee deep snow (except for the swimming, only did that in summer!). Yep. I did all of that, I was as young as 6 and as old as 10

Bet not many kids get up to that sort of thing these days
    Replace lake with beach and you get me. We also used to play backyard cricket for hours - and we didn't wear hats or sunscreen.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi purpleflowers, im 57. old enough to be a grannie. and to have had a pet chook. hahha, xxx marie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    - Ride my bike
    - Rollerblading
    - Barbies
    - Dance in my bedroom
    - Read
    - ICQ with my friends (when I was a bit older)
    - Play on Commodore 64/ Sega

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I grew up in Canada so I imagine my childhood was a bit different but we rode bikes, went camping all summer, the beach, we were allowed out until the streetlights came on and I loved cabbage patch kids, merlin, barbie and Cookie Monster, I also loved my little easy bake and record player

In the winter we spent hours at the big sledding hill until we were so cold our mittens were frozen stiff, we went skating at our rink and had every Friday afternoon off school to go skating and had bonfires on ponds. We also had snowball fights and made snow forts.

I had a great childhood and everything we did was unsupervised.. I feel bad for my kids they have no idea what they missed out on

Thanks
    Reviews
    We played hairdresser, where we would spend hours perfecting our topsy turvy hair styles.
    Chalk hopscotch on driveway.

I had a netball hoop and would stand there shooting goals until I missed and then start all over again.

We would camp in the backyard. We had a tent and sleeping bags and everything...yet never went real camping.

Eating sour sobs. So gross to think about it now!

We would dress our malamutes up and parade them down the street. Complete with toe nail polish and hair ribbons. They were beautiful boys.

And we had 2 computers so used to play tetris and doom.
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is such a great thread love reading and remembering all the games and activities I did as a kid. Oh why is the internet such a curse and a blessing all in one :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Handball, played tennis against the wall of a building on our street....on the road Could never do that now, you'd be hit in minutes. (Yes, that is how old I am, when I was young there weren't that many cars around )
    Touch football, heaps of reading. My favourite was a bug collecting thing I had -with the magnifying glass in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We played ghost train in our car port. 2 of us would ride around in circles the other would pretend to be a ghost and attempt to scare passing bikes.
    We used to play along the street with neighbour kids, and climb a neighbours tree and pretend we were hiding out.
    Water gun fights, which was me and my friend sitting on the roof while spraying people as they looked for us.
    Bee busters, use water guns to spray bees, and run away when they got angry.. *snorts*
    Lean up against the fence, and mum would spray us with the hose to make wet silhouettes on the fence.
    Do horrible things to ants...
    Go to the park without Mum for hours.
    Play marbles.
    Play Polly pockets.
    Pretend to be vampires.
    .....Play... video... games.. retro style~ Amiga Commodore 64
    Go for long walks, talk about boys in person....
    Go to the movies alot more.
    Have sleep overs
    Play card games
    Play Nightmare
    Lay on the driveway and watch the rain clouds roll in.
    Roller skate.