Reviews
    Legos
    Barbies
    Doll houses
    Cars
    Ride bikes
    Play at neighbourhood park
    Draw
    Collect shells (we lived near a beach at one stage)
    Collect and paint small rocks
    Arts and crafts
    Hide and seek

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ride my bike around the suburb with my friends

Our tennis court was used a lot and not just for tennis - skateboarding, roller skating, basketball

Trampoline

Swim in neighbours pool

Cabbage patch kids

Drawing

Writing

Colouring

Play board games (monopoly, hungry hippo, payday, operation, guess who)

Barbies

And the biggest of all for me for as long as I can remember - dance. I was either self choreographing or practicing my class work. No real surprise that I'm a dance teacher for a living!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    - Barbies/Dolls

- Computer games (my Dad needed one for work, so we had a computer at home since the early 80's)

- Nintendo/Sega Master System

- Lots of outdoor play - trampoline, backyard cricket with my dad and brother, playing with the dog, riding bikes, swimming, exploring the creek

- One summer holidays my mum (who was mostly a SAHM) had a day job, so my brother and I would make prank calls pretending we were a radio station and asking people to 'guess this song'. No one fell for it

- Hanging out with neighbourhood kids

- Going to the corner store and buying SO much stuff for $2.00 and having a little 'pig out' at the park!

- Playing at the park down the road

- When a particular family of friends visited our family, all us kids would put on a play for the parents. I'm sure they were often painful and boring to watch

- Sometimes my brother and I would play a game of locking each other out of the house. Once I enraged him so much he chased me down the street with a hard plastic baseball bat! Ahhh, good times.

- Hide and seek

- Repeatedly watching the movie Kindergarten Cop

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Degrassi View Post

- Repeatedly watching the movie Kindergarten Cop
    Hahaha This!
    We taped it from the TV
    It's not a tumour!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (15-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Get ready to hold on to your seats parents of the 21st century...

When I was a kid, you wanna know what I did? Really? Are you sitting down? Okay, here it goes...

I used to play completely and utterly unsupervised at the lake that was just 5 minutes walk from my house I would spend from after breakfast until dinner time, at the lake, some times my dogs would follow me down, other times not. There were no other people around. Just me and a large body of unfenced lake

Sometimes, I would even pop my gumboots on and when the lake was high, I would wade in the water and play on my little 'island' which was naturally, surrounded by water.

AND y'know what else? Sometimes, I used to swim at the lake. all on my own Shocking stuff eh?

And, if I wasn't at the lake, I was trawling the bushland at the back of our house. With Tassie devils, wombats, echidnas, ticks, leeches and, in summer...snakes

And lastly, I was often found just walking around or riding my bike with the dogs following me, exploring, for hours at a time. I would do these things in the sun, in the rain, even in knee deep snow (except for the swimming, only did that in summer!). Yep. I did all of that, I was as young as 6 and as old as 10

Bet not many kids get up to that sort of thing these days

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (15-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    Hahaha This!
    We taped it from the TV
    It's not a tumour!
    Our copy was taped from the TV too! Complete with ads.

I remember so many of Arnie's lines

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    Hahaha This!
    We taped it from the TV
    It's not a tumour!
    DH downloaded it the other day... Along with Home Alone & Home Alone 2. Haha. Movies of my childhood were as above, Kindergarten Cop, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Parenthood, Problem Child... Don't know if they'd past parenting muster these days!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What a nice trip down memory lane! I did a lot of this stuff as a kid plus
    - my best friend and I always had a cubby house somewhere, we'd hole up in there and play dollies or act out our favourite tv shows
    - she lived on a farm so we'd play with the baby animals, swing out of the rafters in the hay shed and go for rides on the tractor with her dad.
    - I grew up in the countryside so we'd roam the fields and hills, in winter we'd wear our gumboots and go skating on frozen ponds, in summer we'd take a picnic up the local hill, in autumn we'd take bags and comb the hedges for delicious wild hazelnuts
    - I read books upon books upon books. I was a member of two local libraries, and I joined up my four siblings as well so I could take out about 30 squillion books for myself lol
    - As a teenager I rode my bike a lot, visiting nearby friends and towns. I was pretty fit when I think back.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Degrassi we used to make prank calls too, we knew how to make free calls from the local phone box. One time we called about 5 houses asking to speak to "Mike", at the 5th house Mikes wife (I think) flipped out at us, demanding to know who we were and where Mike had been last night eek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first stuff that comes to mind is that I used to spend hours bouncing a tennis ball against the wall and catching it.
    And arranging toys and blocks into neat lines and categories…
    I was a strange child. I had fun though.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (15-09-2014)