+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks ladies!

Ive looked into the place I was recommended to get it treated & its very expensive even with phi. Plus we will also have ongoing appointments with the ibclc (which my phi doesnt cover) & the osteo afterwards. So we will most probably have to put him on formula

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tongue ties also effect speech and eating so its not just a bf help.

Switch to formula if you wish by all means.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

ourbradybunch  (16-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! I guess ill have to try & find somewhere cheaper to get it done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Getting DS's clipped cost around $300 with about $50 back from medicare (no PHI).

While it wasn't an overnight miracle cure for his latch, if you asked me was it worth it? I would answer "most definitely".

Firstly, because it did help enough to significantly reduce pain after a week or so. Secondly, because I could see how much more freely with tongue could move which may or may not have impacted on speech. And finally, because the way my thought processes work if I had stopped without getting it done I would always have had a niggling thought of "what if?". That way if I got it done, it didn't help, I switched to full time formula, I would always feel that I had done everything I could have.

This is just MY experience though and the crazy way my brain works. I am not for one second saying you should or shouldn't feel a certain way. But I do suggest to have a ponder.

Will you beat yourself up down the track for not getting it done? Are you really needing a reason to switch to formula for your own sake? Do you hope that you might be able to enjoy breastfeeding one day? All of these are very valid feelings, you could feel something else completely too! Be honest with yourself about how you are feeling about breastfeeding and let that guide your decision. There is no right or wrong here.

You have already sucessfully breastfeed for over 2 months now - that is a big achievement in itself! If you stopped tomorrow you can know that you did an amazing job.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (16-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Ds had a posterior tongue tie. It was snipped at 8 days old. I did notice a difference but it took a week or so for the pain to go. A midwife as the hospital picked it up and had the paed confirm. After I was going to the breastfeeding centre through the hospital. Ours was completely covered by medicare. Maybe because the referral was through the hospital though not sure. Do you have a children's hospital you could contact?

♥ me & my little boy ♥

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a childrens hospital so I will look into that

My ibclc is coming on friday to see if she can help so maybe that will make a difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @heartstringz I don't know if this place might be an option? If only to get the info sheet. Being a dentist they should be covered by phi.

Eta: might help if I add the link.,, whoops

http://www.enhancedentistry.com.au/o...p-tie-surgery/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (16-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks thats who I looked at, its way too expensive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had dd Tt snipped at 5 weeks it was only picked up from a lc at a breast feeding clinic. We drove two hrs away to have it snipped for free (nsw). My nipples were a shredded mess even with using the shield. She latched without the shield straight after and had a feed it was the first time since she was 5 days old and pretty much the only time. I couldn't get her to stay on without it on my own so it didn't fix that at all but my nipples healed within the week. Glad I got it done though to have the pain gone was worth it, an we just put up with the shield still use it now for our one feed at night at almost 18months. Have tried with out it but she bites :/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to chickenfoot83 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had my DS snipped before we were discharged from hospital. Paed wasn't sure if it would make a difference or not. It has, to an extent, but it's only been a week since it was done. So DS is still figuring out how to latch properly on one side (I have one nipple that's much flatter than the other so it's tricky for him).

Paed has said in hospital procedure is covered but would be around $250 if we'd waited and done it later. Apparently there's not that many drs that do it. A bit controversial in terms it's effectiveness. He basically told me it was a bit of a fad, but I'm glad we did it as I do see improvement.
    Last edited by Cat74; 16-09-2014 at 15:31.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post: