+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Can you extend the break time? Otherwise I would just go direct not worth the hassle unless it was a decent enough break to get some rest in a hotel somewhere
    Our schedule is already tight, DH's holidays time is done and can't be extended and we only have a week in California to see a few things in L.A and San Diego before we have to be in Florida for the cruise. So I don't think a hotel during lay over is a option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been to America many times, the last time with my 8 months old baby....and believe me...you will want the direct flight. $1600 just isn't worth the hassle and stress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Based on that info def direct

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Direct for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Direct flight though if money was the issue I would check out whether Hong Kong has a day hotel in the airport. I would want somewhere to base the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I may have read this wrong so please correct me. The OP has said an that the cheap option is and 9hr + 12hr flight or direct is 14hrs.

If this is right I wouldn't hesitate going direct and paying the extra rather than doubling the travel time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would personally take the cheaper option. I once did a flight to Lebanon that was 16 hours direct to dubai the 1 hour stop over and 8 hours again. It was grueling and tiring....As an adult.

2 years ago we did an 8 hour flight with my 2 year old and he was awful on the flight. Wouldn't sit still. Wanted to run up and down the aisles...no amount of junk would calm him down or use of a tablet. In the end we just let him run up and down. He cried so much cause he was restricted in movement. ...would climb all over my husband and I.... I would've even taken and option of a stopover then.

$1600 is a lot of money when your on holidays. But that's just me and I've only got 1 kid.

I'd think about how your little ones will cope on such a long flight too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    I'd take the cheaper flights. Definitely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If money truly isn't an issue I'd go direct. Once you're on the flight and in the throes of jetlag during stopovers and extendrd flying time with emotional kidss you would be happy to pay that money to make the suffering end!

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    thats a tricky one

I would take the cheaper flight if money is an issue ... $1600 buys a lot of extra holiday

but if you have the money - money buys relaxation and less stress of a direct flight ...