+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,874
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    1,018
    Reviews
    21
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    I don't have a story to add to give you any further hope or insight but just wanted to say good luck and my fingers are crossed for you!
    Thank you

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,109
    Thanks
    1,604
    Thanked
    2,085
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you are quite sure when you ovulated then completely ignore your LMP dates.

    My first pregnancy I had just come off the pill and must not have ovulated until about 7 weeks after my last witdrawl bleed, so went for a dating scan thinking I was about 9 weeks only to be told they could see nothing. (I didn't realise how sensitive new HPTs were, my mum had been in my ear about HPTs never going positive until she was 3 months along with us.) All sorts of stress about ectopic and two scans later a sac measuring 4+5 could finally be seen, then a week later measuring 5+6 with a heartbeat visible. I was shocked that at my hospital booking appointment they still wanted my LMP despite the fact that it in no way related to my gestation.

    For my other pregnancies I knew when I ovulated, and it was always around CD 20, so I just told them my LMP was later than it actually was (yes, I lied). That way there was never any confusion as it seems some health professionals insist on going by LMP and don't seem to believe that a woman can actually know when she ovulates.

    So if you are 4+2 then it is too early to see anything but a corpus luteum (tick) and a thickened uterine lining (tick). The fact that there is no mention of fluid or swelling in your tubes is good. Hopefully a scan in a week will show a sac in the right place, then another scan a week or so later will show a heartbeat!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,874
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    1,018
    Reviews
    21
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    If you are quite sure when you ovulated then completely ignore your LMP dates.

    My first pregnancy I had just come off the pill and must not have ovulated until about 7 weeks after my last witdrawl bleed, so went for a dating scan thinking I was about 9 weeks only to be told they could see nothing. (I didn't realise how sensitive new HPTs were, my mum had been in my ear about HPTs never going positive until she was 3 months along with us.) All sorts of stress about ectopic and two scans later a sac measuring 4+5 could finally be seen, then a week later measuring 5+6 with a heartbeat visible. I was shocked that at my hospital booking appointment they still wanted my LMP despite the fact that it in no way related to my gestation.

    For my other pregnancies I knew when I ovulated, and it was always around CD 20, so I just told them my LMP was later than it actually was (yes, I lied). That way there was never any confusion as it seems some health professionals insist on going by LMP and don't seem to believe that a woman can actually know when she ovulates.

    So if you are 4+2 then it is too early to see anything but a corpus luteum (tick) and a thickened uterine lining (tick). The fact that there is no mention of fluid or swelling in your tubes is good. Hopefully a scan in a week will show a sac in the right place, then another scan a week or so later will show a heartbeat!
    This made me smile! I hate this obsession with LMP dates, I know I ovulate late, and it was my first period after gyno surgery so you would think they would realise my cycle may not be the perfect 28 day with ovulation on day 14.

    I did use one of those clearblues with conception indicators yesterday, last Monday it said 1-2, and yesterday it also said 1-2....so that makes me a bit concerned about levels not increasing but all these other posts are helping a lot

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked
    35
    Reviews
    0
    Even corrected for your late ovulation id be expecting to see a sac by this stage too. Sorry hun I hope you get some definite answers soon xx are you having your bloods repeated?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked
    35
    Reviews
    0
    P.S. The bit where the report says "no adnexal mass or free fluid" means they looked at your tubes for an ectopic

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,874
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    1,018
    Reviews
    21
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moose81 View Post
    Even corrected for your late ovulation id be expecting to see a sac by this stage too. Sorry hun I hope you get some definite answers soon xx are you having your bloods repeated?
    Yep had bloods yesterday and get the results tomorrow morning.....I really think it could go either way....no pain or bleeding is a good sign, symptoms seem to be increasing (but the doctor told me that can all be in my head).

    She told me if my results tomorrow are under 1000 then she will wait before sending me for another ultrasound as you generally don't see anything with hcg under 1000.....I felt like yelling 'so why did you send me for one with a hcg of 45?!'

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,874
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    1,018
    Reviews
    21
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moose81 View Post
    P.S. The bit where the report says "no adnexal mass or free fluid" means they looked at your tubes for an ectopic
    Ah that makes sense now! Thanks for that

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,874
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    1,018
    Reviews
    21
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Update
    Had bloods taken on Monday, got results today and it has gone from 45 last Wednesday to 220. So a doubling time of 50 hours....still seems so low to me

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

    LoveLivesHere  (17-09-2014)

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,114
    Thanks
    2,901
    Thanked
    3,329
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds good to me!!

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    965
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked
    234
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    50 hours is great


 

Similar Threads

  1. How would you interpret this cc policy?
    By harvs in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 09:52
  2. Pediatrician vs GP for ultrasound report
    By SAgirl in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 18:00
  3. QLD Prep report cards
    By Luna Lovegood in forum School aged children
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 20:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Bamboo Lulu
Super soft, fun prints & basics for baby, made from bamboo & organic cotton plus non-toxic wooden toys. • Hypoallergenic - perfect for eczema relief • Everything needed to shop for a baby shower • 10% off + FREE gift with purchase. Use code BUBHUB
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Cryosite Family Cord Blood & Tissue Bank
Cryosite has been providing Cord Blood Banking services for over 12 years, and is the trusted choice of Australian families. To discuss the benefits of banking your baby's cord blood & tissue stem cells call us on 1800 220 410.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!