+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    I don't have a story to add to give you any further hope or insight but just wanted to say good luck and my fingers are crossed for you!
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are quite sure when you ovulated then completely ignore your LMP dates.

My first pregnancy I had just come off the pill and must not have ovulated until about 7 weeks after my last witdrawl bleed, so went for a dating scan thinking I was about 9 weeks only to be told they could see nothing. (I didn't realise how sensitive new HPTs were, my mum had been in my ear about HPTs never going positive until she was 3 months along with us.) All sorts of stress about ectopic and two scans later a sac measuring 4+5 could finally be seen, then a week later measuring 5+6 with a heartbeat visible. I was shocked that at my hospital booking appointment they still wanted my LMP despite the fact that it in no way related to my gestation.

For my other pregnancies I knew when I ovulated, and it was always around CD 20, so I just told them my LMP was later than it actually was (yes, I lied). That way there was never any confusion as it seems some health professionals insist on going by LMP and don't seem to believe that a woman can actually know when she ovulates.

So if you are 4+2 then it is too early to see anything but a corpus luteum (tick) and a thickened uterine lining (tick). The fact that there is no mention of fluid or swelling in your tubes is good. Hopefully a scan in a week will show a sac in the right place, then another scan a week or so later will show a heartbeat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    If you are quite sure when you ovulated then completely ignore your LMP dates.

My first pregnancy I had just come off the pill and must not have ovulated until about 7 weeks after my last witdrawl bleed, so went for a dating scan thinking I was about 9 weeks only to be told they could see nothing. (I didn't realise how sensitive new HPTs were, my mum had been in my ear about HPTs never going positive until she was 3 months along with us.) All sorts of stress about ectopic and two scans later a sac measuring 4+5 could finally be seen, then a week later measuring 5+6 with a heartbeat visible. I was shocked that at my hospital booking appointment they still wanted my LMP despite the fact that it in no way related to my gestation.

For my other pregnancies I knew when I ovulated, and it was always around CD 20, so I just told them my LMP was later than it actually was (yes, I lied). That way there was never any confusion as it seems some health professionals insist on going by LMP and don't seem to believe that a woman can actually know when she ovulates.

So if you are 4+2 then it is too early to see anything but a corpus luteum (tick) and a thickened uterine lining (tick). The fact that there is no mention of fluid or swelling in your tubes is good. Hopefully a scan in a week will show a sac in the right place, then another scan a week or so later will show a heartbeat!
    This made me smile! I hate this obsession with LMP dates, I know I ovulate late, and it was my first period after gyno surgery so you would think they would realise my cycle may not be the perfect 28 day with ovulation on day 14.

I did use one of those clearblues with conception indicators yesterday, last Monday it said 1-2, and yesterday it also said 1-2....so that makes me a bit concerned about levels not increasing but all these other posts are helping a lot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even corrected for your late ovulation id be expecting to see a sac by this stage too. Sorry hun I hope you get some definite answers soon xx are you having your bloods repeated?

Thanks
    Reviews
    P.S. The bit where the report says "no adnexal mass or free fluid" means they looked at your tubes for an ectopic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moose81 View Post
    Even corrected for your late ovulation id be expecting to see a sac by this stage too. Sorry hun I hope you get some definite answers soon xx are you having your bloods repeated?
    Yep had bloods yesterday and get the results tomorrow morning.....I really think it could go either way....no pain or bleeding is a good sign, symptoms seem to be increasing (but the doctor told me that can all be in my head).

She told me if my results tomorrow are under 1000 then she will wait before sending me for another ultrasound as you generally don't see anything with hcg under 1000.....I felt like yelling 'so why did you send me for one with a hcg of 45?!'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moose81 View Post
    P.S. The bit where the report says "no adnexal mass or free fluid" means they looked at your tubes for an ectopic
    Ah that makes sense now! Thanks for that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update
    Had bloods taken on Monday, got results today and it has gone from 45 last Wednesday to 220. So a doubling time of 50 hours....still seems so low to me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds good to me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    50 hours is great