+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I just has 2 scans to rule out ectopic pregnancy...first one at 5 and 2 - nothing was visible at all. They said come back in a week. So I went back at 6 and 2 and the gestational sac was visible and obvious.
    So don't worry if you can't see it yet

Edit: I forgot to mention that at 6 and 2 it was measured and calculated that I was only 5 and 2...so I guess this means when I got my first scan I was only 4 and 2...too small to see - this could very well be where you're at
    Last edited by Explora; 15-09-2014 at 08:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Explora View Post
    I just has 2 scans to rule out ectopic pregnancy...first one at 5 and 2 - nothing was visible at all. They said come back in a week. So I went back at 6 and 2 and the gestational sac was visible and obvious.
    So don't worry if you can't see it yet

Edit: I forgot to mention that at 6 and 2 it was measured and calculated that I was only 5 and 2...so I guess this means when I got my first scan I was only 4 and 2...too small to see - this could very well be where you're at
    Thanks for that, gives me a little bit of hope. This scan was meant to rule out ectopic as well, but I notice they haven't wrote anything on the report about actually checking the tubes, do you remember if yours said anything about checking them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My report didn't say anything about checking the tubes, but I know they did because the sonographer told me verbally there was nothing in them.
    I guess they only write something if there's cause for concern? So no news is good news hopefully

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got in with the GP this morning, asked her what tiny cystic spaces could be and she had no idea.....took more bloods and I guess they will tell me whether it's going to continue or not

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I fell pregnant they had me horribly worried. I had an ultrasound at what they said was supposed to be 6 weeks, no sac. Told me it was most likely ectopic and if I felt any bad pain to go straight to a hospital. 2 weeks later I had another scan, and there he was 5 weeks 6 days was the first time I saw him. I would've only been 3 weeks at my first ultrasound. We still don't know why it happened that way. Good luck

mother to a beautiful baby boy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gamermummy For This Useful Post:

Just*Ace  (15-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know why Dr's send people for scans so early on, it just worries them!! It's not unusual to not see anything that early on and have to get a repeat scan a week or so later. Much easier you would think to just check beta HCG again in 48-72hrs to see if doubling rather then have a scan?? Hope all turns out OP xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellbell85 View Post
    I don't know why Dr's send people for scans so early on, it just worries them!! It's not unusual to not see anything that early on and have to get a repeat scan a week or so later. Much easier you would think to just check beta HCG again in 48-72hrs to see if doubling rather then have a scan?? Hope all turns out OP xxx
    With my doctor it was because she is sure I am 5 weeks by my last period and my levels were too low, she thought possible ectopic....but your right if she had done a blood test instead I would have the results by now and it would have given me a much better idea of what's happening!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have my fingers crossed for you - my first beta HCG was only 32 at just over 4 weeks and I stressed out, so know how you are feeling. My baby boy is now 13 months old I suppose the numbers have to start somewhere and you might be a few days off what you think was your ovulation date as well. Hope you hear some good news soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellbell85 View Post
    Have my fingers crossed for you - my first beta HCG was only 32 at just over 4 weeks and I stressed out, so know how you are feeling. My baby boy is now 13 months old I suppose the numbers have to start somewhere and you might be a few days off what you think was your ovulation date as well. Hope you hear some good news soon!
    Thanks I am loving all these hopeful stories. Even though I know there is still a strong chance this won't end how I want it to, it's good to have some hope to get me through the next few days

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

Kellbell85  (15-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I don't have a story to add to give you any further hope or insight but just wanted to say good luck and my fingers are crossed for you!