+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Weekends.

Does anyone else get overwhelmed with all the activities that seem to get packed in every weekend? We never have any time to just hang at home, relax, or spend time together just as our family!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I seem to have the opposite problem. I struggle to find things to do, that isn't go shopping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We tend to have lots of friends wanting to catch up for various things: kids bdays, parties, bbqs, outings etc. Add to this our extended families and their stuff: bdays, holidays, general catch ups, working bees and help, etc. Its all good fun and everything but we struggle to keep up with all the travel (due to where we live we are often doing 2-3 hours travel plus actual time spent on said activity) which chews up entire days! It all gets a bit much sometimes, we find that we are often saying to people sorry, next free weekend is in late October. Ridiculous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    I seem to have the opposite problem. I struggle to find things to do, that isn't go shopping.

This is us. Our weekends consist of shopping, house work, playgrounds and coffee. I get so bored and with 1 due in a week, our weekends / days are about to get even more boring!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    We're always busy but I like it that way. DH works from home most saturdays so the boys and I drive down the coast and visit my mum, Saturday nights we have a bbq, go out to dinner, do something fun. Sundays we go to dog parks, Beagle Club events, the park, big drives. We're rarely home on weekends.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We go through times where it's one event after another (it gets very full on tiring and stressful) then it's quite ( if we get to bored we go out for lunch or park or get a new DVD. But generally I like spending time at home cleaning, doing arts with the kids ect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We just hang around the house...love it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    When life gets like that we set aside the next Saturday as family day and don't accept any invites. We either stay home and spend time together or go out as just for picnic or drive etc..

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (14-09-2014),PomPoms  (14-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We seem to go in circles of having very busy or totally free weekends.
    Would be nice to have a mix of a day of each on each weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    When life gets like that we set aside the next Saturday as family day and don't accept any invites. We either stay home and spend time together or go out as just for picnic or drive etc..
    I agree. I have become very good at just saying no to invitations when it gets too much.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (14-09-2014)