+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so we have had breakfast. .. oat fingers and a bit of banana and puree pear for dip..
    It all started out okay but I think he gets bored, and he kind of gags a bit like he ia dey reaching. . I dont know if I am helping when I grab him and pat his back like he is choking?

I've never moved so quick. When did your LOs overcome this initial gagging process/rejecting the food?

X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    lunch at 11.30 today. Pea fritters from the recipe found on mylovelylittlelunchbox.com. Despite some grated lemon zest being an ingredient, DS loved it! It's more or less like a pancake but peas mushed for batter. He also had a shred of pork. Most of it all ended up hidden in the high chair though. mum eating healthier too i noticed how much time do you give your LOs before you consider them 'finished' w their meal? half an hour? that seems plenty i think he usually starts throwing his food around after 15 mins and wants to have a go at his sippy cup
    Last edited by someonesomewhere; 17-09-2014 at 21:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEO26 View Post

When did your LOs overcome this initial gagging process/rejecting the food?
    would like to know this too, DS usually sits there for a minute with his mouth open, seems to then make him yawn wide, he sort of pants a bit until most of the bits fall back out of his mouth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEO26 View Post
    Ok so we have had breakfast. .. oat fingers and a bit of banana and puree pear for dip..
    It all started out okay but I think he gets bored, and he kind of gags a bit like he ia dey reaching. . I dont know if I am helping when I grab him and pat his back like he is choking?

I've never moved so quick. When did your LOs overcome this initial gagging process/rejecting the food?

X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Gagging is quite normal and a great sign he's aware of what he's doing , as much as you want to the best thing to do is nothing - if you jump up and pat him on the back he will think there is something wrong - if he did ever choke then obviously intervene but they are very clever and work it out quite quickly - for babies who were purée fed first it does seem to take a bit longer as they were used to just swallowing whereas they now need to chew first and swallow

Next time you feed him , eat what he eats , take a bite , chew it and swallow and exaggerate it a bit so he sees it , they will mimic you and I promise after a few more meals he will. " get it. " and start eating more